Information on Memorabilia

All Memorabilia
JussBad

Information on Memorabilia

Post by JussBad »

Looking for information the any of the following items pictured. I can't recall where I got the clock (Idaho display show?) the frame and bottle opener came from ebay. Would like to know if there were other items with the Red Barn that I'm missing. Did Ruger sale these direct from ShopRuger? Would also be interested in buying a couple more of the picture frames... thanks.
Rugerologist

Re: Information on Memorabilia

Post by Rugerologist »

I have the picture frame and it came from my wife via shopruger.com for Christmas a year or two ago. It was item #23605 and Labeled Picture Frame Historic. It came in bubble wrap and on the front is a barcode sticker and another sticker with the old SR logo and their website. On the back of the frame itself, it should have a sticker that says proudly made in the USA Hanover Penna and should have come with a wooden dowel rod to prop it up. I believe the other items were sold around that same time!
Last edited by Rugerologist on Sun May 19, 2019 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

I have a numbered beer stein with the Red Barn on it.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

As Chuck stated I believe those items were offered by ShopRuger.com a few years back. I also have one of the lidded Stiens like Carl's, they were in 1999 for the 50th anniversary and limited to 2,000. I also have a 10 year plate and Xmas ornament made in 1990 with the Red Barn on them, it was a series they offered they gave out to employees in the early 90's. The 1994 Xmas card also had it on it.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

As Chuck stated I believe those items were offered by ShopRuger.com a few years back. I also have one of the lidded Stiens like Carl's, they were in 1999 for the 50th anniversary and limited to 2,000. I also have a 10 year plate and Xmas ornament made in 1990 with the Red Barn on them, it was a series they offered they gave out to employees in the early 90's. The 1994 Xmas card also had it on it.
Bennett
Attachments
ruger-red-barn-50th-annv-beer-stein-1970-rare_1_519b9dac0f5b579eedafff525b9f0104.jpg
ruger-red-barn-50th-annv-beer-stein-1970-rare_1_519b9dac0f5b579eedafff525b9f0104.jpg (16.16 KiB) Viewed 4554 times
Ruger 10 Year Plates.jpg
Ruger 10 Year Plates.jpg (43.05 KiB) Viewed 4554 times
Ruger xmas ornaments (5)-1.png
Ruger 1994 XMAS Card.jpg
Ruger 1994 XMAS Card.jpg (16.5 KiB) Viewed 4554 times
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

I will work on digging out more Red Barn memorabilia this evening as I'm certain there is more here in my collection besides what's been shown above. Here's the original black and white advertisement for a special limited signed and numbered to 1500 run of The Red Barn print by James Triggs. This link viewtopic.php?t=864 will show you the actual print #258 owned by one of our members. This print was a Christmas offering from 1986. There is a red color version of this brochure as well but I can't seem to find mine at this time. If anyone is willing to part with one of these prints please contact me! I don't care what number it is but I would love to have one on the wall.
Attachments
IMG-2918.JPG
IMG-2919 (1).JPG
IMG-2920.JPG
IMG-2921.JPG
IMG-2922.JPG
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Here are two old RCA Journals which feature a photo of the lumber and hardware store which was to become The Red Barn. The photo was taken around 1880.
Attachments
IMG-2923.JPG
IMG-2925.JPG
IMG-2924.JPG
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

I found the red ink version advertisement (note the missing text from this version compared to the B&W) and one more RCA Journal.
Attachments
IMG-2926.JPG
IMG-2927.JPG
IMG-2928.JPG
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber