Ruger Hot Wheels

All Memorabilia
67stingray

Ruger Hot Wheels

Post by 67stingray »

I recently picked up this Hot Wheels with a Ruger theme, I had not seen one before. One odd thing on it is that it has the SR logo on the doors and a hard R logo on the top. Never seen anything with both logos on the same item and there's no date on the packaging - I figure it's made around 2007 - 2008. Does anybody know anything about them? Sorry about the pic, not cooperating.
Bennett
Attachments
20191226_103936.jpg
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Rugerologist

Re: Ruger Hot Wheels

Post by Rugerologist »

Too cool! When I search it, the others that I find look like the van in the photo on the package.
There is another possible Ruger Hotwheels out there but this one is a first for me to see. The one that I'm thinking of is a black and gold German sports car with the eagle on each side. I don't know if it's really Ruger related but the logo is present. That one is dated 1990 on the bottom so perhaps yours also has a date there. Hotwheels customer support might be able to shed some light on it but it sure looks like a transitional piece to me! If you like things like this, there is also an Indianapolis 500 4 car set from the 1996 race in which Johnny Unser drove the #64 Ruger car. The bottom of that package is dated 1997. From there, there are a couple of Ertl trucks and knives to seek out.
Attachments
IMG-0509.jpg
IMG-0508.jpg
IMG-1001.JPG
IMG-0999.JPG
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
chet15

Post by chet15 »

Hmmm... checked ebay and don't see another Urban Outlaw #136 with the Ruger eagle logo on it. In fact, they all look like what is on the picture on the card, and came in blue or white. I suppose there's a story as to why that one says Ruger on it.
Oh yes... I own one of the wings off the Ruger titanium.
Chet15
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

It is dated 2012 on the bottom and your right every other one I've seen has the van on the pack in it. Previous owner wasn't able to add any info on it. Yet another one of these items with Ruger on it and no story.
Bennett
BlkHawk73

Post by BlkHawk73 »

I've seen these and some others that were described as being repainted and decal'ed then repackaged.
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

BlkHawk73, that crossed my mind but the packaging shows no evidence of being tampered with, appears as it would from the factory.
Bennett
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Bennett that is a neat Hot Wheels! Not something you would run across normally. You have some great Ruger items for sure
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...