France Gun Magazine

d findley

France Gun Magazine

Post by d findley »

I just got this off Ebay. 9 1/2 page article on Ruger and his guns.
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
zebra55

Re: France Gun Magazine

Post by zebra55 »

Je ne peux parler français
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

That's cool!!
FT44
Fox Mike

Post by Fox Mike »

Très bon.
Frank
Retired: 67Z5M
NRA
Maryland Shall Issue
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

That's a neat find!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

I reckon if they can't own guns over there, at least they can read about them!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

I won't attempt any French because it would be a cross between PePe LePew & Blacque Jacque Shellacque from Warner Brothers... (Yes Watertender LOVES cartoons)... That is a neat magazine though...
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
LyleRi

Post by LyleRi »

The magazine looks awesome!
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Really neat magazine.

I don't speak French, however, if you really try to read it, there are enough cognates that you can ascertain the gist of the article.

One day, I will find a piece of Ruger paper for Don that he doesn't have. Probably gonna take me some time.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
ruger
Site Admin

Post by ruger »

Best shot at page 91 ...

When I was 14 years old, I absolutely wanted to have one. But at that time, we lived in New York where I did not have a chance to have any.

The P series came on the market in 1985. Beside the versions in nine para, there are models in 9 x 21, .45 ACP and .40 Auto.

But I had a catalog. Colt and I said that one day I would own one. Ruger even makes its own
revolvers in single action. The American shooters literally flock to the Single Six. Because the Hollywood western reaches its peak in the 50's and the Ruger is doing the link between the myth of the Far West and the possibility of the recreational shooting.

What works for the little one caliber must also function for the bulk, seems to say Ruger. This is how
1957 follows the Blackhawk, a revolver single action in .357 Magnum. He knows a big sales success and Ruger continues in its logic in

The Ruger Security Six and its variants appeared in 1971. Beside the .38 Special and the .357 Magnum, there is a version of 9 para.

The .22 / 45 comes in two versions - here the KI> 512 with a heavy barrel. For the handle, Bill Ruger was inspired by Colt Government 1911.

leaving a revolver again bigger, the 44 Magnum. At the same time, continue with the .22. Ruger built Bearcat, another small caliber in SA in the style the western. But the carcass is smaller and the overall weight has been reduced. He becomes the companion id. of all fisherman and hiker, women and adolescents. The Ruger catalog then offers you a series of models that all have one thing in common
their carcass and small parts are not machined by milling in a room of steel, but cast. Manufacturing is based on a process which has been a hot topic in aviation World War II United States, under the name of "precision investment cast". Thanks to these elements accurately cast, we are nominate not only the raw material but also and especially hours of work on machines, which also affects the price. Ruger makes his customers of this benefit. At first, he subcontracted. the manufacture of the elements to be poured. In the 60's he went to swim his own foundry at