RCA Field Reps

d findley

RCA Field Reps

Post by d findley »

Some of you may remember these RCA Field Reps. from the 1980s.
Attachments
12qw - Copy.jpg
ruger66

Re: RCA Field Reps

Post by ruger66 »

Great picture.
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

A fine looking bunch. Don, do you know the year this was taken?
Bill
d findley

Post by d findley »

I do not know the year. It was in a stack of papers Lane Pearce sent me.
Coogs

Post by Coogs »

Musta been a more "Southern" or "Western" Pic. Some reps from my neck of the woods are missin'.........Neat piece of history................those were the days.
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

From the Leisure Suit I would say the late 1970's.. I bet JayDawg still has a couple in his closet
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Don, since you're getting all nostalgic and many of us don't have personal memories of these gentlemen, would you care to elaborate a bit more on what they did, what they collected, oddball stories, etc.? I do recognize most of the names from old Journals but nothing specific from memory about them other than yourself and John.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
d findley

Post by d findley »

Jimmy Dillon had one of the finest Flattop collections ever. Jerry Wilson, Will Sprunger, and Mike Sturart are deceased. John, Jimmy, and Mike were collecting Rugers in the 60s before the books were written. Lane & I came in in the mid-70s. Will Sprunger was a talented gunsmith & machinist. He made me a stainless Hawkeye, an exact replica to shoot. You would not find a nicer fellow than Will. Jerry ran a website called Rugermania. His wife was always with him. A beautiful and quite lady. Lane writes a monthly article on reloading for Shooting Times. Not sure what year this was or where but like Jack said, I don't see any of the eastern guys.
No one in this group has done more to promote Ruger collecting than John Dougan.
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Thank you. The memories of good men should never die.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber