Newbie in LA County

Ruger8r

Newbie in LA County

Post by Ruger8r »

Hello,
Recently started collecting Ruger carbines building off an early 1961 (3 digit sn) 44 Carbine I got from a friend. Like Bill Ruger, I am partial to mannlicher stocked guns so I have added an early 1966 10/22X International and a 1985 M77 RSI in 250 Savage. They are VG to EXC shooters and I hope to add a few more as deals come up. Along the way I have picked up a couple of M77 22 Hornet RSH, which are apparently somewhat rare. Probably will list one here after accurizing it and shooting a few rounds when the range opens up again.
But my first Ruger is a 582 Mini-Thirty that I built as a scout carbine with a Burris LER in a bit of a fool's errand to make it accurate. Fun shooter in club matches, though.
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
flattop44

Re: Newbie in LA County

Post by flattop44 »

Welcome to the ROCS website, happy that you have joined us. I too really like the. 44 Carbines, great Whitetail brush rifle. Sounds like you have some good Rugers!! Again, welcome.
Bill
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

Thanks! Happy to be here (happy to be anywhere).
Looking forward to learning and sharing.
Not a hunter, though, just can't shoot critters any more.
I love the synthesis of wood and blue steel that is embodied in a fine old Ruger and the way they feel in-hand.
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Welcome aboard, glad to have you. You'll find some very knowledgeable people here along with being great guys.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

Thanks, Bennet.
Now that we are obliged to stay home I have a lot of time on my hands but I will try not to pester you folks too much. While I have to put a hold on collecting until this blows over, I still look for interesting guns on the internet and learn to wait. I wonder what impact the whole thing will have on collecting in the short term.
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Welcome to our forum. Sounds like you have some nice Rugers. Post a picture or two, it's easy to do. Love to see your mini thirty.
O M CRAZY
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

Just posted a couple of pics on the mini 30 thread in Shooting Rugers. Enjoy.
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Welcome Carbineguy. Glad to have you here. Ruger is spoken fluently and we have fun. I also like the Mannlicher stocks and have 2 of the 10/22 variety. Don't feel like you are ever pestering anyone on here. We enjoy Ruger anything! If you can not find an answer on here about any Ruger thing you can think of I would be surprised.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

Thank you, Watertender.
What a great resource for Ruger enthusiasts. I will post photos of my two Internationals soon. They are beautiful pieces - they sure don't make them like that any more.
There are a few high priced NIB guns lingering on GB. I'm looking for deals on 98/99% shooters, though.
O
If1hitU

Post by If1hitU »

Hello from Kentucky. 8-)