Hello

flattop44

Re: Hello

Post by flattop44 »

Welcome aboard, happy to have you join us. You sure can't go wrong with Rugers and S&Ws, fine firearms!!
FT44
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Nothing wrong with either one of those things. Ruger is good stuff & a deceased friend of mine carried one of the 1st S&W Model 58 .41 Magnums as a duty arm in 1964. He was 6'8" & weighed over 300lbs so it looked like a toy in his huge hand.... Some of the local motorcycle gang were having a pig roast with a band & plenty of beer & some of that left handed tobacco. My friend stopped by to make sure they were behaving themselves & found them shooting at a cigarette pack on a fence post with a .22 rifle.... They offered him the .22 to take a shot & he declined.... He said that he would take a shot with his .41 so they laughed. My friend stepped back from where they were shooting the .22 & fired with his .41 at the cigarette pack. The shot was over 50 yards & he shredded the pack with 1 round fired offhand.... There was dead silence from the gang members & my friend said.... "You guys are going to have a nice peaceful party now aren't you"..... He didn't have to go back to check either because they got the message loud & clear.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Welcome to our site! What type of Ruger's do you collect?
Charlie1022
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Nice to have you aboard. What type of Rugers do you collect?

O M CRAZY
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

I do believe you like Rugers....like the rest of us!! ;)
Hope that you can come to some of our display shows.
FT44 / aka Bill
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Sadly there are no display shows planned for Texas. We had one back in August 2014 along with the NRA Gun Show at the Dallas Arms Collectors Show but only 6 displayers came and 5 of those were officers in the club. Only one other Texan showed up. It was a great opportunity for members to bring out their Rugers but it did not happen. I sure wish we could get a lot more of our members interested in displaying and promoting our hobby and ROCS.

Tulsa this October will really be a good display show for you to attend if at all possible, its is a great event!! Hope you can come.

FT44
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy what you find here.
Charlie1022