HAIL FROM ILLINOIS: Were Broke,

LIBERTY FOREVER

HAIL FROM ILLINOIS: Were Broke,

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Greetings, Salutations, Hello and Howdy ROCS members. I've followed your threads and topics here at the ROCS, read the RCA's, the Ruger .com, .net sites and like any organization I soon realized active members in ROCS truly love their Rugers. I see the the same user name/tag lines throughout the web everywhere the word "RUGER" appears. Its an honor to be among the well versed and educated in all things Ruger :geek: . I'm more of a hunter gatherer of Rugers :D. I Like to hunt with them and I seem to have gathered to many of them. I chose ROCS as I believe its my best chance at advancing my knowledge :? among a great group of colleagues 8-) while having a great time :D without being shown :arrow: the door. After I read my first ROCS Digest (Spring 2017-Vol4: Issu1) on Deciding What To Collect By "J.C. Gentry" with special mention to "Bill Hamm", "Vince Carabetta", "Lee Newton", "Don Findley" and "Lee Sundermeir" I knew I was in deep trouble,,, :oops: Why am I interested? Ask these questions? Budget and time? "Better to have five really meaningful guns than fifty scattered and non-focused guns.. No, no, no J.C. say its not so, and if it is, when we meet lets not bring this up in front of my wife :twisted: . I greatly appreciated the article in fact I was thoroughly impressed with the entire digest, great work I look to forward to the camaraderie.

There are 102 counties in the state of Illinois. Most counties in Illinois were named after early American leaders, especially of the American Revolutionary War, as well as soldiers from the Battle of Tippecanoe and the War of 1812. Its important for most Illinois citizens NOT from the Budget Deficit Sucking, 2nd Amendment Violating, Politically Corrupt County of COOK to make that perfectly clear when communicating.
I'm from Southern Illinois, and Cook County is named after the States first Attorney General, GO FIGURE.

1976 RUGER LIBERTY 22 SINGLE SIX's<br />NR4, NR5, NR6, NR9<br />1976 RUGER LIBERTY .22 AUTO's<br />T678, T512, RST6, RST4
1976 RUGER LIBERTY 22 SINGLE SIX's
NR4, NR5, NR6, NR9
1976 RUGER LIBERTY .22 AUTO's
T678, T512, RST6, RST4
22 rev auto.jpg (39.72 KiB) Viewed 5096 times
Last edited by LIBERTY FOREVER on Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
flattop44

Re: HAIL FROM ILLINOIS: BROKE & FIGHTING TO TAKE MY GUNS

Post by flattop44 »

Gene, happy to have you as a ROCS member and posting on our website. We sure appreciate you supporting ROCS.
I like your group of "Liberty" Rugers, great group of guns.
Welcome aboard!!
Bill
zebra55

Post by zebra55 »

Welcome and that's a nice set of single sixes, I've only got 1,but seeing your set has me considering adding to it ..
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Thanks for the comments on the Sixes. These are shooters. I threw in the Stainless Liberty KNR6 6 1/2" also a favorite in 22 WMR.
I recently picked up a pair of vintage Bianchi Ruger Super Single Six Leather Flap Holsters, 1 tan 4 5/8" and 1 black 4 5/8'.
I also grabbed a pair of tan 6 1/2" Bianchi Ruger Super Blackhawks and a tan 7 1/2" as well. They really set of the SA's.

Ruger Bianchi.jpg
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Hi Gene and welcome aboard. You have a real nice set of Rugers already and I am sure (if you are like the rest of us) you will be adding to them. I really like your leather and those holsters are getting hard to come by.

The way I add to my collection is by telling my wife that it is something I don't have and need it to complete my collection. When you start looking at all the variation there are you will be adding for a long time.

Feel free to post as much as you want, your Rugers, your hunts, or just to chat about anything that interest you.

O M CRAZY
Vince
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Welcome! Little Egypt & Cook County are miles apart in both location & values. Illinois is another state ruined by a large urban area.... Keep up the good fight. You are among friend here
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
zebra55

Post by zebra55 »

love the holsters too..keep posting pics there great!!!! :D
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Welcome and thanks for the pics and intro!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Greetings and welcome aboard. Love the pictures you supplied and hope to see you at a show someday with a display. Maybe you can make the Ohio show next year. If you have any questions on 10/22's just let me know.
Charlie1022
Charlie1022
Duster42

Post by Duster42 »

Welcome from northern Illinois.
Great pictures.
U.S. Army Viet Nam Vet '68-69'