New guy

1911shiner

New guy

Post by 1911shiner »

Just got here! Been collecting guns for over 40 years.
flattop44

Re: New guy

Post by flattop44 »

WELCOME aboard!! Collecting Rugers for over 40 years, man I'll bet you have some interesting ones. Feel free to post a bunch of pictures of them for us to enjoy.
FT44
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Welcome to the forum, great people here. Tell us a litle about what you have, all will be interested. You can learn a lot here and we are always willing to learn from others.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Welcome aboard! Does the 1911 in your handle mean you like them? or collect them?
What do you think of Rugers SR1911?

O M CRAZY
1911shiner

Post by 1911shiner »

I think the SR1911 is one of the most reliable 1911's on the market. I collect N frame p n r S&W revolvers, 3 screw Rugers, commercial 98 mausers and Sharps rifles at the moment.
RUGER1441

Post by RUGER1441 »

Sounds like someone else I know :o love the N frames P & R and the three screw Rugers.
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Well that sound like you can fill a couple of safes. I collect the 3-screw Rugers and the SR1911's in .45cal. Would you believe they have over 26 different (SR1911) models in .45 cal alone. Those fill up my safes. Post a picture or two of your favorites.

O M CRAZY
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Greetings & welcome. My Ruger collection is more of a jumble that anything. The one I have the most of is 10/22's mainly because I pick them up at a good price. A few of them I have customized with different barrels, stocks & triggers. All drop in stuff mixed & matched. Did make up 2 Internationals that way which are the nicest of the bunch, 1 blue & 1 stainless. Sounds like you have a whole bunch of stuff that might be interesting. Let us know more
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

It really sounds like you have much in common with some of the ROCS members! I want to welcome you to this ROCS website and hope you continue to make many posts. I am an "early" ROCS member, living in Ohio. We have a great ROCS display show in July and we are invited by the Ohio Gun Collectors Assn. If you would like to attend and display some Rugers, I am the guy that can help you get started. We are always trying to invite new members to display their Rugers.
Welcome to our group and enjoy the fellowship. Brass Frame/Lee E
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Welcome aboard! You're in good company. I too collect..... mostly Ruger but have a myriad of different "things". My collection needs some focus and I think I've figured out my direction over the last few weeks.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber