Hello from the great Northwest

JAYDAWG

Hello from the great Northwest

Post by JAYDAWG »

Hi,
My name is Jay and I am a new ROCS member. I live in Washington State on the Olympic Peninsula. I like to build 10-22's but in the last year or so the Ruger wheel guns bit me in the ass and are starting to pile up to the point I had to buy another safe! So.......I decided to start learning a bit more about them and ROCS looked like a logical place to jump in. looking forward to soaking up what I can. I just received the fall issue of the Digest. Very impressive. A lot of good stuff in there. In fact I already have a question to post in the forum!
Cheers,
JAY
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
flattop44

Re: Hello from the great Northwest

Post by flattop44 »

Happy to have you as a new ROCS member and joining us on the Forums. I know exactly what you mean about the revolvers...addicting for sure. Looking forward to you question and future posts.
FT44 / aka Bill
d findley

Post by d findley »

Welcome to the ROCS web-site! Glad to have you here.
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Welcome!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

You have many choices to make when it comes to Ruger revolvers: Single or Double action, Old Model or New Model, rim fire or center fire... and the list continues!? Ask your questions on this forum and you can plan on several different answers!
Brass Frame/Lee E
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Hello Jay
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has been wasting good gun money on safes..... :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
I'm new as well, its a wonderful group eager to help with any questions or share in the excitement of finding something new.
The wealth of collective information is incredible. Something I found useful after joining was going through the previous categories (board indexes) and reading the posts. They helped educate me on Rugers in a different manner than a book and also acquainted me with the members of the group. Its rainy day stuff but I enjoyed it. Additionally when I needed to find information for reference I knew where to go because I recalled reading about it.

Best regards
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

Thanks for the welcome.
As far a wasting money on gun safes....once I put my wife's jewelry in one
and told her the top shelf was for her.... it became a wise investment! :lol:

Lee E.
You mean I have to choose....looks like I'm in trouble again :oops:

Posting my first question. Looking forward to learning from this "wealth of collective information".

Cheers,
JAY
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

Welcome aboard! Did you say 10/22's? I like to collect and build them also. I have them about like some people have golf clubs. Different ones for different kinds of shooting. I even have a gatling gun setup with two of them.
Call me if you ever want to talk Ruger.
Charlie1022
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Welcome Jay....That's the funny thing about Rugers...Once you have a couple they start to multiply like rabbits :shock:

O M CRAZY