Greetings from the Great White North!

PierreinCanada

Greetings from the Great White North!

Post by PierreinCanada »

Hello all Ruger Owners.

I am legally a Ruger owner, but have not yet taken possession of either of the two Redhawks headed my way. The transfer process can be lengthy at times here in the Dominion.

It was Tammy at Ruger that put me onto this Society, as I was expressing my enthusiasm for things Ruger, and was looking for some guidance on availability and price on a particular Redhawk I would like to add to my nascent collection.

I would be happy to hear your collective wisdom if you are so inclined.

Sincerely,

Pierre in Canada.
Watertender

Re: Greetings from the Great White North!

Post by Watertender »

Welcome Pierre! You are in the right place for Ruger knowledge. There are a lot of people on this forum that know plenty about Ruger and have great collections. There is a lot of activity on the site so you are in good company. 2 Redhawks is impressive indeed....
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
PierreinCanada

Post by PierreinCanada »

Thanks for the welcome Watertender.

I was happy to read that you weathered your surgery well, and also impressed by the support shown by the Society members. I assure you of my prayers as well (better late than never).

Pierre
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Pierre, welcome to the ROCS website, we are happy to have you join us. As Watertender said, there is a lot of Ruger knowledge among the members and they are eager to share it with others. You are getting two fine revolvers, the Redhawks are simply great guns. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts.
FT44 / aka Bill
PierreinCanada

Post by PierreinCanada »

Thanks for the welcome Bill. I am pretty excited about those two birds awaiting permission to take off from Control. Reading through the forum brought back memories of my first rifle, an M77 in 7mm Mauser, sadly long gone. Then I remembered my first gas gun, a Mini-14, also gone :| . Well, enough tears, time to look forward to more Rugers!
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Welcome aboard and good morning from Arkansas!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
PierreinCanada

Post by PierreinCanada »

Thank you Cirrhitidae, good morning.

It is snowing and the wind is howling, brrr...

Have a good day.

Pierre
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Pierre, welcome to the ROCS website, its great to have you.
The Redhawks will serve you well in the "Great White North!"
You will find lots of company in the double action forums and many photos.Your reference to a couple of your firsts are also some of my favorite Ruger rugged long gun classics. I enjoy collecting the Liberty models and have both long guns and revolvers in the model year 1976.

My apologies on the confusing post, I've suffered a severe head injury in addition to spinal, neurological, lumbar, etc and am on continuing meds. Had to relearn my speech, math and so on. I'm a blessed man and have no complaints only giving you an others an explanation on what you may notice in my posts through the ROCS forum or if we meet or email or text. Depending on the day, time, amount of sleep etc. My writing can be disjointed, stuttering and in need of rewrite. I feel comfortable here and if its a great place to discuss Rugers and learn so much.

Respectfully

Meilleures salutations
Last edited by LIBERTY FOREVER on Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
PierreinCanada

Post by PierreinCanada »

Merci Gene!

Yes, I must say I am quite excited about the Redhawks. Next I think might be a Bisley 'Hunter'. Unfortunately, we are not permitted to hunt with handguns up here, but maybe someday I'll go hunting with my brothers-in-law in Michigan, lots of deer there!

I will have to work on rebuilding my collection, maybe a Mini-14, or a bolt-action in .358 Winchester or .35 Whelen?

Any way, I had better get to work!

Have a nice day.

Pierre
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

Quebec?