Greetings from the Lou

MADnMO

Greetings from the Lou

Post by MADnMO »

I guess I have technically been collecting Rugers for 39 years? My first firearm was a gift from my dad. A Ruger Security Six in 1978 when I turned 21. I mostly collect Ruger hand guns. A few 10/22s And a M77 in 30-06.

Looking forward to learning from this group. :D
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan
flattop44

Re: Greetings from the Lou

Post by flattop44 »

Welcome!! You will fit right in, happy that you have joined us. Feel free to post away about any and all of your Rugers.
Bill
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Welcome to ROCS. There are a lot of very smart people here that really know all aspects of Ruger. One of my good friends in the group lives across the River from you. Security Six is a nice piece, I like my Police Service Six. I had a 6" blued Service Six that I sold. Wish I had kept that one
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Welcome... You will fit right in....Don't hesitate to ask questions, we love them and you will get several responses hopefully answering your question.
I bought my wife a Security Six in .357mag. about the same time you got yours. It is still in service today and still shots better than I do.

O M CRAZY...akaVince
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

Great to have you visit us on this informative forum. Rugers are fun to collect and you have found a large group of like minded collectors. I bought my first Ruger in the middle 1960s while attending The Ohio State University in Ohio. I still have my Ruger Super Single Six today and one of my grandsons wants it? Post any questions or wants that you have and we will try to help you.
Brass Frame/Lee E
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

A Warm welcome aboard! I like my handguns and did you say 10/22's which are one of my favorites. Leet me know if ou want to talk some time.
Charlie1022
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Welcome!!! Always good to add to the ranks of Ruger collectors. You're not too far from me and we make it up STL few times a year for business reasons. Northeast AR here.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Hello Lou
Welcome from Illinois, Im east of STL off of I-70 about 50 miles vicinity of Keyesport, IL. You've found a great site for camaraderie on all things Ruger.
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment