New member from London, OH

Watertender

Re: New member from London, OH

Post by Watertender »

I agree with the multiple pumpguns placed around the house loaded with #4 Buckshot. A guy I knew as a kid called a pumpgun a "Who Dat"..... He told me "You shuck da handle & say WHO DAT"..... That sums it up precisely. I can picture Chuck taking care of a misguided chow too!
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
StampCollector

Post by StampCollector »

Watertender, I'm with you on that one! If I was somewhere I shouldnt be and someone racked a shotgun and said "who dat" I'd leave a bean in my shorts!!!
StampCollector

Post by StampCollector »

Jay, I would have to go with a sure thing ;)
StampCollector

Post by StampCollector »

Ron,

I'll be there!
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

Ok Ron.
You got me....THIS YEAR!!!
Your QB was lights out. Good for him.
So, it looks to me I have a bet with Ron IF the Nitney Lions make the CFP like my Dawgs will and Jim with the rest of OHIO....
Unless Meyer gets an NFL gig.
like I said boom or bust.
My NW seafood against??!!?!?
Bring it on boys. :P
Oh ya....Ruger forum.
Jim show us some 10-22's!!

Cheers,
JAY
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Welcome Stampcollector

My father and grandfather were waterfowl hunters, my fondest memories are of 870's, 11's,1148's,1100's and early mornings in the boat or a layout blind. I have some wetlands and have passed the waterfowl & Remington memories onto my 3 sons who are grown and am now instilling those memories of waterfowl hunting onto my grandson and soon a few new granddaughters. I have a safe full of Remingtons w Dupont finish fixed choke series 12 thru .410 in 1100 & 870 and some 1148s and 11's there like old friends. I now hunt with a 12 GA Ruger O/U that came out in a Camouflage pattern, its lightweight, it scratches my Ruger itch and its always a great conversation when I hunt with a group. The passion for me as all others here is the hunt for the next Ruger to fit a niche in my collection or a new book, more memorabilia and all things Sturm & Ruger. When it hits you it hits you hard,,,,,
Attachments
IMG_0697 (2).jpg
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
zebra55

Post by zebra55 »

Welcome to ROCS, the best Ruger forum out there as well as the best digest!

I won't enter the football discussion, being that I reside in snowy Michigan. That said, the reason football fans here migrate towards college ball is due to the continual disappointment with the Lions...Ugh!

I think all of us here are first and foremost gun lovers, but lean towards Rugers.. I'm primarily a single shot guy so the only Remington I own is a Rolling Block RB1 from their custom shop.

Joe
StampCollector

Post by StampCollector »

Jay, As soon as I get acclimated to this new sight I will post a couple. The best guns have just been purchased from Ruger66 and dang, he has Rugers I can only dream about owning.

Joe, Honestly I was only hacking on Michigan out of fun. The RB1 is a work of art, you should post a pic.

Liberty Forever, Love the pic of your safe! What a beautiful collection. Is that a couple 3200's I see on the left side????????

Jim
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

Jim,
I too bought a 10-22 from Vaughn (ruger66) and yes he has some cool stuff.
I got a B131 gun from him. I SHOULD have bid on the 881 & B121 guns he sold on GB
as I probably will not ever have a chance to care for any of those again.
I know when something comes up JUST BUY IT!! I have kicked myself more
than once for passing on a gun.
Next time.

Cheers,
JAY
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
StampCollector

Post by StampCollector »

Jay,

Good night sister Sadie! You got that B131 gun???? I bought the 881 guns, dang what a small world!!! I should have been the fight for the B121 gun too. Honestly didn't know what it was worth.

That B131 gun has some nice figure to it!!!