New Member, North Texas

rlrski

New Member, North Texas

Post by rlrski »

New to Forum and ROCS, Denton TX. MKII 50th Anniversary, MKIV stainless competition, LC9, SR9, SR1911, LCPII, KXP321 stainless. interested in comments on and user reports on new 9 mm carbine!

Also several shotguns: Citoris in 12 and 20, Remington 1100 in 20, 11-87 in 12, 1961 Ithaca Model 37 in 16, Tri-Star Viper in 28. Shoot sporting clays and try to shoot doves! Also have an Anderson AM15 in 223, a 1918 s/n Colt Govt Model 1911 (180xxx), and a Colt 125 anniversary SAA in 45 (S/N 239 out of about 7000 made). All are shooters except the last two!
flattop44

Re: New Member, North Texas

Post by flattop44 »

Welcome to ROCS, sure happy that you have joined us. You are in the right place, it is evident that you like guns and so do we!! I have not been able to purchase a PC9 carbine yet but someone will hopefully tune in to answer your question.
Thanks again for joining ROCS.
Bill
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Welcome a"board" my neighbor to the South! You're in good company.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Welcome to the ROCS! Ruger is spoken fluently here and the other makes are recognized too. We have fun on this site
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Welcome to ROCS and the forum. I haven't had the pleasure of shooting the new PC9 but I have talk to a couple of people that have. They say it handles nicely and is fun to shot. You should post your request in the "RIFLE" section, you will get some better answers.

O M CRAZY
rlrski

Post by rlrski »

Thanks for all the welcoming words. Looking forward to participating in the forum. Spent this morning at range with my new MkIV competition stainless model and it's a hoot to shoot! Handles beautifully for first time out, in about 100 rounds had a single misfeed that was caused by some cardboard from the box sticking to the round that I missed when loading the mag. I'll post my PC9 question on the rifles section, thanks for the advice.

rlrski (Dick)
ElNumeroUno

Post by ElNumeroUno »

Dick,
If you can make it to the NRA Exhibits in Dallas May 4-6, stop by and visit with us at our exhibit at Booth 10164.
Hope to see you there.
El Numero Uno
Serious Collector of Early & Rare Ruger No.1 Rifles
www.classicsportingarms.com
rlrski

Post by rlrski »

Already planning on it, have my badge already. A group from our "senior active" community (I'm currently president of our gun club) plan on taking the train from Denton on Friday to spend a day in the exhibit hall. Might even return on Saturday if the legs will take it!

We've got about 180 in our "club" (no facilities or range) organized by discipline: clays, tactical pistol, antique firearms, retired LEOs, hunting, reloading, and women's group (several of whom are tactical pistol league participants!). Regularly scheduled educational meetings in general, then groups meet and schedule regular shoots at local ranges.

Dick
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Hello Rirski
Welcome to the ROCS, I'm happy to see a leader and president of a gun club join our Society. You sound like one busy man, I apologize for being late to welcome you to our group. I like to shoot at clays and doves as well, I just finished putting 10 acres of sunflowers in (Illinois). After a month of being humbled by the wile doves I'm then ready for quail and pheasant.
How was your trip to NRA?

Best regards, Gene
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
rlrski

Post by rlrski »

Gene, trip to NRA was awesome! Over 850 booths, got to see the really neat ROCS display of Bill Ruger's pistols and a couple that were Alex Sturm's as well. Also spent a lot of time fondling the new 9 mm carbine, a really sweet feeling piece! That is going to be my next purchase of a long gun ... when I can find one ... Also spent time at the Majestic Arms booth, Dino and Joanne manufacture upgrades for Ruger rimfires, both pistols and the 10-22. Got a rail for my Mark IV competition and a master upgrade kit for a Mark II, includes trigger, sear, mag disconnect bar and most importantly their patented two-piece bolt stop that allows takedown without fighting with the mainspring. I'm having it installed this week.
Overall the NRA exhibit was awesome, but if tactical firearms and accessories were taken out, it probably would have been half the size: everything from 22 to 50 cal! One Barrett 50 was on display with a suppressor, close to 7.5 feet long overall!
The day I went was rainy so the snow-flake protesters stayed home, never saw even one. Local news found a few late in the day at City Hall, some distance from the exhibit, and filmed so as to show more than were actually there, as usual,