New Member, Central Texas

Watertender

Re: New Member, Central Texas

Post by Watertender »

d findley wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:22 pm I believe someone filed the original sight blade to that shape. I have an extra front sight blade for that pistol. If you would like to restore your pistol to original shape send me your mailing address. I'll send you that blade. No charge. donfindley806@gmail.com
Don I have a new front sight blade for a Ruger Standard. Would you send the pistol so I can complete the package?
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
several1911s

Post by several1911s »

To all of you who have welcomed me, many thanks and my very best wishes for 2019. Joe
several1911s

Post by several1911s »

Hi, Don, thanks for your thoughts on the condition of the front sight and for the very generous offer of a correct sight. I will contact you shortly. Joe
several1911s

Post by several1911s »

Hi, "O M" unfortunately don't have a Ruger 1911. Have Kimbers, Springfield RO, and several ARMSCOR guns. Variety of Government and Commander models, and variety of chambering: 9, 10, .40, and .45. Was pressed several times to put a .45 into action in Vietnam and always a pleasure when I take them to the range.
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Joe, I too have a Custom Kimber that I have put thousands of rounds through, but I got to tell you that for me my out of the box Ruger SR1911 in .45acp (model 6700) shoot equally as well. I have also found the commander (Model 6702) to perform equally as well, after I had the front sight put back on after it flew off one day. I also had a Colt but it just couldn't stay together. :( I pick up the new Ruger Officers model (6762) but have not yet tried it out, but I hear it preforms well also.
several1911s

Post by several1911s »

Unfortunately my wife once heard me say to a shooting buddy (over a cold one or two, have to admit), that all my guns will shoot better than I can shoot them. She immediately chimed in with "buy cheaper guns." So that's why mostly ARMSCOR that I've bought lately. Have to admit they too shoot better than I can, that is, after fine-tuning them with better recoil springs and a trigger job. Still less expensive than Kimber and RO and proof was shooting at 100m off a backpack just for grins.
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Joe, Thank you for your service. I had to laugh at the ARMSCOR reference. Just hope their firearms smell better than Olongapo used to smell! I actually have an ARMSCOR shotgun that is not a bad pumpgun. It makes the proper "Cha Chunk CHUNK" sound when racked and shoots decently. We have a great group here and glad you are with us
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Welcome to the ROCS TEAM Joe!
Enjoyed reading your opening comments and salute you for your military career.
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment