New Member WA State

Marksman

New Member WA State

Post by Marksman »

Hello Everyone,
I used to collect Ruger 3 screw revolvers about 20+ years ago. Then I got into the gun business and stopped shooting. However, I re-discovered my passion for single action revolvers and nowadays I seem to find more time to play.
A customer brought in a 1957 Single Six, 5.5" barrel 22lr, that started it all again. In meantime I bought another 4 5/8" barreled gun that is still in transit. I am looking to add some older and more rare models to my collection. I don't see much on gunbroker, but recently found guns international, they had some more interesting products. If anyone can recommend any sites or has any guns for sale, I'd appreciate any offers. My main interest for the time being is 22lr or 22 mag chambered guns. Thanks so much. Mike
flattop44

Re: New Member WA State

Post by flattop44 »

Welcome Mike, happy that you have joined us. I too like the early Single-Sixes and have a few in my collection. I also have a few that I am selling. One of them is a Charles Jerred factory engraved gun with its display case. I'll send you a PM tomorrow with some serial numbers.
Bill
Marksman

Post by Marksman »

Bill,
Thank you, I appreciate that. Mike
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Welcome aboard! You'll be able to find all that you're looking for and more through our group. Everyone here has been a huge help to me and instrumental in acquiring some of those harder to find pieces. You're in good company.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Welcome to the group, lots of fine and knowledgeable guys here.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

Welcome Mike!
I'm on the Olympic Peninsula......and LOVE these Rugers!
You will find nothing but good folks here.
You a WAC member??

Cheers,
JAY
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
Marksman

Post by Marksman »

Jay,
Thanks for the welcome. I used to be a WAC member, collected Ruger's back then. Just re-discovered my passion for them. Stop by my store some time. The Marksman in Puyallup. Let me know before hand. So I can make sure I am there. Mike
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Yes welcome to a great group of people. Ruger is spoken fluently here and we have fun. Jay Dawg lives fairly close to you and he may try to trade some items for Rugers. I know he really wants a set of marbles so if you have any he may be willing to deal
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Marksman

Post by Marksman »

Marksman wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:30 pm Jay,
Thanks for the welcome. I used to be a WAC member, collected Ruger's back then. Just re-discovered my passion for them. Stop by my store some time. The Marksman in Puyallup. Let me know before hand. So I can make sure I am there. Mike
Jay,
I sent you a pm this afternoon, did you get? Not sure about this messaging system yet. Mike
Marksman

Post by Marksman »

Watertender wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:52 am Yes welcome to a great group of people. Ruger is spoken fluently here and we have fun. Jay Dawg lives fairly close to you and he may try to trade some items for Rugers. I know he really wants a set of marbles so if you have any he may be willing to deal
Thank you, I will be on the look out. Have lot's of marbles to trip over. Mike