New Member From NC

CPHarrison70

New Member From NC

Post by CPHarrison70 »

Hello All! I'm a new member of ROCS from Greensboro, NC. I'm fairly new to Ruger collecting, although I have owned a few Rugers, and I was a member of another Ruger collectors group at one time. My interest lies mostly in single actions, specifically those made in 1970, but I'm open to just about any Ruger that catches my eye. I look forward to learning much from you folks.
Last edited by CPHarrison70 on Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
ROCS Member
RENE Subscriber
Whisk(e)y 'n' Wheel Guns
flattop44

Re: New Member From NC

Post by flattop44 »

Welcome aboard, glad that you have joined us. I am a single action fan myself. Post some pics of your Rugers.
Bill
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Welcome to a great group of people. The ROCS is fun and there is a lot of knowledge here. Glad you have joined us.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Glad to have you, group of great guys here.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
CPHarrison70

Post by CPHarrison70 »

Thanks to all for the welcome!
ROCS Member
RENE Subscriber
Whisk(e)y 'n' Wheel Guns
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Welcome to ROCS, lots of great people here, collectors, accumulators, owners. Lots of Ruger knowledge as stated before.

You're not THAT far from Lake Lure, NC, so watch for the East Coast Gathering that happens every fall (late Sept, early Oct) at member Contenders place just outside Lake Lure. Lots of great Ruger lovers from up and down the east coast get together for a great weekend of shooting (both kinds, firearms and verbal - if you get my drift :D ), showing off different Rugers and a whole lot of fun.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
CPHarrison70

Post by CPHarrison70 »

RoninPA wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:08 pm Welcome to ROCS, lots of great people here, collectors, accumulators, owners. Lots of Ruger knowledge as stated before.

You're not THAT far from Lake Lure, NC, so watch for the East Coast Gathering that happens every fall (late Sept, early Oct) at member Contenders place just outside Lake Lure. Lots of great Ruger lovers from up and down the east coast get together for a great weekend of shooting (both kinds, firearms and verbal - if you get my drift :D ), showing off different Rugers and a whole lot of fun.
Thank you for the welcome and for the heads up on the Lake Lure gathering. I'll definitely be watching for further information on opportunities to get together with other Ruger aficionados.
ROCS Member
RENE Subscriber
Whisk(e)y 'n' Wheel Guns
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Welcome aboard! I miss NC. Spent some years at Ft. Bragg and lived in Fayetteville. Beautiful state that feels a lot like Arkansas in many places.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
SteveRuger

Post by SteveRuger »

`Welcome from out west!
You will find us friendly & helpful!
Steve
GUN COLLECTORS.......Stewards of America's Firearms Heritage!
God Bless Our Troops, Especially Our Snipers!
CPHarrison70

Post by CPHarrison70 »

Again, thanks to all of you for the warm welcome!
ROCS Member
RENE Subscriber
Whisk(e)y 'n' Wheel Guns