Newbie from STL

swoollard

Newbie from STL

Post by swoollard »

Thanks for the add to the group.
Looking for info on one of my Rugers came across this site.
I own own 3 Rugers
• M77 .270
• Security Six 4” 153 sn vintage
• Super redhawk 9” w/luepold scope

Looking to upgrade the front sight post on Security as my vintage eyes are not so sharp. Was considering installing an epoxy kit. Any ideas or guidance?
67stingray

Re: Newbie from STL

Post by 67stingray »

Welcome, glad you joined us. There's a lot of great Ruger lovers here. Have you thought about painting the end of the sight with something like fingernail polish? By doing that you can leave the gun with orginal parts, a lot of colors to choose from even fluorescent and can be changed or removed anytime.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Welcome to the forum. Did you join ROCS yet or just the forum for now. Either way, there are a lot of very knowledgeable Ruger folks here. You have 3 nice Rugers.

I agree with 67 Stingray, I would "paint" the front sight ramp to help. My reason, supplies of parts for the Six series guns (like the front sight) are dwindling and if you do something to yours and then want to revert back, it may be hard to find a replacement. With sight paint, model paint or fingernail polish, you can always remove it.

There are some "inside" jokes on here that are on going but you'll catch on after a while, especially if you come to any of the gun shows where we (ROCS) are invited to show our Rugers. The next major one is in July at the Ohio Gun Collectors Association show in Wilmington, OH (just outside Cincinnati). You can learn about those and others here on the forum. You can also see what has been shown in the past under the Exhibits tab.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Welcome! You own one of the few Ruger Sixes that RoninPA does not have... He has a bank vault buried in his yard with several thousand of them in all confugurations. 67stingray and I have a few escapees that that eluded Ron. Try some Testors Fluorescent Model Paint for that front sight. It comes in about 6 colors so you should find something you like. We have a lot of fun here and there is a lot of Ruger knowledge.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Welcome STL, I'm east of you in IL around the Carlyle Lake area. You've found a great site for camaraderie in all things RUGER!!
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment