New member from Maine

41fan

New member from Maine

Post by 41fan »

Hi, new member, but could say I was "born" into a Ruger Collecting family, from Maine. I would like to start with a big thank you to all ROCS members that have helped me in recent past wrap my head around a little bit of Old Model Blackhawk information related to the remnants of a deceased family member's collection has evolved into many additions to said collection. My wife however doesn't necessarily share the same gratitude that I do.............yet! But she can burn thru a box of ammo in her LCP while I'm not looking, so that's a start

As the name may imply, I might have a little issue walking by a 41 mag, regardless of make or configuration. But I figure it is an inherited trait passed down by my father and I came by it honestly and I was well into my early teens before I realized there was any other center fire revolver cartridge. The kid in me has always (and probably always will) find it hard to walk by a 22 as well.
RoninPA

Re: New member from Maine

Post by RoninPA »

Well welcome aboard to ROCS and the forum. You'll find a whole plethora of Ruger fans here, anything from .22's to .44's/.45's, rifles to shotguns, pistols and revolvers. If you have questions, someone here will have an answer (or know where to get the answer). I know we have .41 Mag fans.

Let us know what you have and we all love pictures of Rugers (and other brands).
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Welcome from KY!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
RD18

Post by RD18 »

Welcome from Ma. your not to far away, so if going near Boston give a shout. Russ
41fan

Post by 41fan »

Thanks all, appreciate the welcome. Not although that far from Boston, bout 3.5 hrs, although being a Maine boy, when I'm going thru Boston it is usually more of a scream than a shout, lol.

To answer the question of what I've got in the collection at this point (going to take a bit to figure out how to upload a pic). I've got all the variations, and a handful of "spares" of the OM BKH 42s and 46s, except for each of the brass frames, looking to reacquire each of those, as at one time they were in the collection. Including a handful of 3 digit serial #s and one still in the serial # matched shipping box. Also got a handful of flattop 44s (BKH 40, 46s and 47s) and 357s in both 6 and 8 groove barrels. And a few of each OM BKH 34, 34x, 36, and 36x.

The Smiths are much more limited and only consist of a couple K22s (4" & 6"), model 16 (32 mag is a lot of fun as well) model 17, a couple of model 57s, and couple of model 58s and a 686. Looking for a 6" model 657. The 22s are to numerous to list but runs from CZs to Winchesters but does include 10/22s, single sixes, and MKs, most of which are shooters.

Most of the Smiths get shot, most of the Rugers do not.
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Happy that you have joined us, looking forward to seeing your posts and Rugers. You have some great Rugers. Your Dad was a friend of mine and we traded a few guns through the years.

Posting pictures on the website is easy, take them directly from your computer. Do not need a picture host site. Just click on Attachment, select photo from pictures on your computer, open it, then upload then add file to your post.

Bill
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Hi 41fan, This is a great group of people indeed. A deceased friend of mine used a S&W Model 58 as a duty weapon in the 1960's as an experiment for his department. They later standardized with S&W Model 28 Highway Patrolman .357 Magnum revolvers but when he started they were issued Colt New Service Revolvers in .45 Long Colt. Glad to have you here.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Welcome to the group, glad to have you. Don't feel to bad it's only an obsession that many of us have with firearms. This definitely not a rehab group, we encourage collecting firearms.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

Hello 41 Fan, it has been a little while since we last talked. I am happy that you decided to keep some of your father's Rugers.
Your Dad and I had frequent conversations about new found treasures, trading Rugers and upgrading our collections. Good luck to you and be sure to say hello to your Mother. I met her at Harrisburg, PA. shows a couple of times. Brass Frame/Lee
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

"To answer the question of what I've got in the collection at this point (going to take a bit to figure out how to upload a pic). I've got all the variations, and a handful of "spares" of the OM BKH 42s and 46s, except for each of the brass frames, looking to reacquire each of those, as at one time they were in the collection. Including a handful of 3 digit serial #s and one still in the serial # matched shipping box. Also got a handful of flattop 44s (BKH 40, 46s and 47s) and 357s in both 6 and 8 groove barrels. And a few of each OM BKH 34, 34x, 36, and 36x."

Hello 41Fan and welcome to TEAM ROCS! That's an awesome and action packed paragraph of a collection you've described. Your most definitely in the right place for connecting, conversing and collaborating on all things Ruger. We have many 2nd and even 3rd generation collectors and enthusiast on the forum and as members. Looking forward to seeing some of your collection in the OM section soon.
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment