new guy in Delaware....thats between Philadelphia & Baltimore.

chukster909

new guy in Delaware....thats between Philadelphia & Baltimore.

Post by chukster909 »

wow, this site is awsome...looking forward to learning how to navigate all the features.
Im a 44 guy. although I would like a 357 with the 4 5/8 bbl. had 3 or 4 and always let them go....
gunman42782

Re: new guy in Delaware....thats between Philadelphia & Baltimore.

Post by gunman42782 »

Welcome from KY!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Welcome, glad to have you here, you are definitely not the only 44 fan here. Tell us a little about yourself and those six shooters, we do love pics here.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Welcome Chuck, although there are only 950,000 "Delawarean's" I believe we have a few other "Blue Hen", "Independence" residence who participate on the forum. I cant think of any of hand but I'm sure we have at least one now...Whats not to like, 1st state, moderate climate, tax free shopping, peach pies and pumpkin hurling.
Ruger .44's and an occasional short barreled .357 FT will fit right in here. Be careful before you know what happened the Carbine guys will rub off on you and then the Standard guys/gals will post some awesome pics and then your hooked again.

All in fun Sir, Happy to Have You, Consider Joining our Ruger Owners Society on a yearly basis and enjoy our wonderful Digest.
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Welcome aboard Chuck! The 44s you like, are they the OLD FLAT-TOPS or 3 screw SUPERS BLACKHAWKS or NEW MODELS or DOUBLE ACTION types? You got lots to chose from. Take Liberties advise and sign up for our Digest, you wont be disappointed.
O M CRAZY
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

I can't add anything to what's been asked or said above except welcome aboard from Arkansas!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Welcome to a great board. The Ruger knowledge here is unfathomable. I spent 5 years at Dover AFB and had seriously considered retiring there after my USAF career.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
chukster909

Post by chukster909 »

wow what a great reception for a cranky old guy.
sadly all my 44's are new safety versions. A vaquero new model and a Bisley super both with 5 1/2" bbls.
I have a model 29....but I rather like shootin the rugers.
also a Taurus titanium frame 2" in 44 spl. love shootin that !
I also have a T/C 44 mag with a 12" bbl and a 2-7x scope....for deer huntin don't cha know
sold the old models in my foolish youth.
Had one of the early 3 screw 44 super blackhawk 7 1/2" what a beautiful gun that was.
had prolly a half dozed 357 with the 4 5/8" barrel.....can't seem to keep one though.
Thanks for the welcome.!!
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Chuckster we have fun here. This is a great group of people and Ruger is spoken fluently. Jump right in and enjoy yourself. There are people here into anything Ruger you can think of. The information you can get here is amazing and the collections are awesome
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Welcome Chuckster, happy to have you aboard. Lots of 44 fans here and I am definitely one of them.
FT44/aka Bill