New Member from NC

Otis

New Member from NC

Post by Otis »

Retired Municipal Fire Chief from Salisbury NC.
Now living deep in the Appalachian Mtns. on the NC/TN/GA borders back in the hills.
My Ruger collection is at 43 and still growing.
I have a few old models including the first Ruger I ever bought. A .357 Blackhawk from 1969
and a Super Blackhawk from 1969. These were my two first Rugers and though well used, still good as new today. Also......
- old model 6 1/2" 357 (unfired but no box)
- old model 4 5/8" 41 magnum ( unfired, in the box, all papers, etc.)
- 40 yr. old (1979) super Blackhawk (new model) unfired, NIB
- Super Blackhawk Turnbull NIB
- numerous single actions in 45 colt. Some special editions. Most, shooters.
- 2 NM Blackhawks in 41 magnum
- NM Blackhawk flattop 44 special
- Several GP100s in all barrel lengths, 3", 4", 5" & 6"
- Redhawks 7 1/2" Stainless & 5 1/2" Blue
- SR 1911s Full size and Commander models and also 10mm in Stnls. and Nighthawk in blk.
- MkIIs in blue & stainless
- Redhawk "Backpaker", 44 mag & 41 mag.
- Couple No. 1s (.... great rifles, ..... but you know that)
- Couple Mini-14s (early years) but like new.
- Several 10/22s (2 customized for squirrel and critter control)
That's most of what comes to mind just now. I reload and have for most of my adult life. Live deep in the mtns. and am fortunate to have a rifle and pistol range right behind my reloading shed. Trout in the stream out front. I actually joined the ROCS Sept. 16th, 2018. Was hoping to get to some events and meet some of you but just haven't been able. We operate a business in TN and I mainly take care of the place here. (shooting range, empty brass, etc.) ..... maybe this year. Always anxious to talk Rugers or reloading. Be Safe, and God Bless the US.
RocDoc

Re: New Member from NC

Post by RocDoc »

Sounds like you are living the good life! Welcome
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Glad to have you join us Otis, I believe you will fit right in. It's a great group full of very knowledgeable individuals that has a passion for sharing and learning about everything associated with Sturm Ruger.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Welcome to the forum Otis, you'll have to join us sometime at the East Coast Gathering (it's just outside Lake Lure, NC sort of in your neck of the woods). Lots of great knowledgeable Ruger people here, don't think there has been a question asked here that someone couldn't come up with an answer.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Welcome Otis! Sounds like you have a great bunch of Rugers. We have fun here and enjoy ourselves. Glad you have joined us.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Welcome aboard, looks like you have a bunch of great Rugers. Sure happy that you have joined the Forum. We would like to have you become an active member of ROCS too, we put out some great publications. Just go to the Homepage and see JOIN.
Again. welcome!!
Bill
Otis

Post by Otis »

Hi guys and thanks for the acknowledgement and welcome. Please forgive the length of the introduction. Got to talking about my favorite subject and ran on too long. I look forward to meeting some of you and enjoying learning more about these great firearms. -
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Welcome aboard Otis. It is obvious that you love Rugers and all of us share your passion. Post a few pictures of your favorites, it'r easy.

O M CRAZY
contender

Post by contender »

Otis,, we are neighbors. I'm in between Salisbury and your new location. Lake Lure. Welcome!

If you have an interest in going to the ROCS Show in Ohio,, we'd always enjoy another attendee from here! I go every year that the Good Lord allows.
And I also own a "few" Rugers!

Tyrone
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Welcome to ROCS Otis, post up some photos when you get some time. The site is easy to use and everyone enjoys reading the posts and viewing photos. I'll be glad to move into the new cabin that we can build down by that trout stream when your ready,,,,,, :lol:
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment