hittman

Re: Hello from Tyler, Tx

Post by hittman »

Welcome from Illinois!
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

Hey, MC.
My early childhood was spent in Turnertown. My sister lived in Henderson. Relatives in the ol bidness. Shooting Rugers since 1958.
Welcome from another small collector.
O
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
contender

Post by contender »

Welcome Master Chief!

ALL of us are accumulators of Rugers. None of us feel we "have it all or a perfect display."
We shoot them, we collect them, and we display them.

Don't wait,, "Just do it!" A display is a GREAT way to actually LEARN more about your own stuff. My first display was 2 tables full of much of the things I felt were noteworthy. No title, no theme, nothing. A FINE gentleman, in Bob Nelson (May he RIP) took me aside & was very cautious & polite in explaining a lot about displays & such. He was treading carefully, as a gentleman would do,, but I was EAGER to learn & wanted his knowledge. His gentle advise was a FINE example of all the collectors I've met doing displays.
So, waiting to try & do a display,, can make you regret NOT doing one. Worse yet,, if something were to happen to where you were never able to do one,, how would you feel if you had to say; "I wish I had"? It's better to be able to say; "I'm glad I did!"

As noted,, a display can be one gun, or several. Make it YOUR display with YOUR input. I can promise you that many of the fine gentlemen here can & will assist you in making it better AND make you glad you did it!
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

M C

Putting up a display is easy and you will have a lot of fun.

Click on the exhibits tab on the "Home" page than in the upper right hand side click on "Display and Awards Guideline". There you will find all the info you need to get started. If you have any questions or need help with something please don't hesitate to ask.

O M CRAZY
If1hitU

Post by If1hitU »

Welcome......... :D