New guy from VA

my3swedes

New guy from VA

Post by my3swedes »

Greetings from VA. New here but a life long Ruger Guy. Started with a P89 and P90 as my first guns back in the early 1990’s , then a few GP100’s and now a few .22 autos.
I belong to the Virginia Gun Collectors Assoc. Along with another new member Jowdurt we do a Ruger .22 display at out March and November show every year. If anyone is in the VA area we would sure enjoy meeting some folks. We cover Red Eagles thru MK IV’s. With a bunch of rare ones in between.
5AF04558-C92F-4109-92FB-0463837E645A.jpeg
gunman42782

Re: New guy from VA

Post by gunman42782 »

Welcome from KY!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

You are in the right place! Ruger is spoken fluently here and we have fun. Join in the festivities
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

I would like to invite you and your buddies to the Ohio show in July every year. We put up displays of our Rugers in the center aisle of the Ohio Gun Collectors Assn. We usually get 16 to 20 displays, plus we do a banquet and judge the displays for awards. Check us out under the SHOWS section of the ROCS web page, rugersociety.com We would love to have you join us, at Wilmington, Ohio.
Let me know an address and I can send you a packet of information in March. Brass Frame/Lee E
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Glad you found us, nice looking display, you should fit right in.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Greetings my3swedes,
Great introduction and a wonderful description/photo of your Ruger MARK display. On our Home page under the "About Tab" we have a short mission and objective statement that we all strive to meet in our forum posts, publications and displays. We want to meet, be associated with and share our knowledge, experiences and affection for Ruger firearms and memorabilia with like minded people! We want to ensure that all historical facts are archived and maintained for not only our generation but future generations as well. You Sir are out there hitting the MARK, (pun intended) I commend you for your work and am thrilled you have joined us.
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Welcome to ROCS, we are happy that you have joined us. That is a great auto pistol display!! Hope you and your friends can join us at some of our ROCS Display shows in the future.

Bill
jowdurt

Post by jowdurt »

I am new from VA as well and set up with my3sweedes above at the VGCA gunshow in Manassas VA. We had a special visitor in November at the show and I have included a picture of him in front of our display. This is Othias from the YouTube Channel C&Rsenal. Othias is a really nice guy who does one heck of a job explaining the history and development of older firearms. Would really love for him to cover the Ruger Story in one of his future installments.
Attachments
IMG_1834.jpeg
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Welcome to ROCS website. Thanks for the pic and infom. Have to check his You Tube installments out.
FT44