Newbie in LA County

Ruger8r

Re: Newbie in LA County

Post by Ruger8r »

Hello, back, If1hitU.
So just me and the wife here. At home. All the time. Yikes! Thank heaven for our happy dog.
My GS is open by appointment only, one at a time, so I feel safe as a buyer for the right deal.
What's the GS situation there?
Hope everyone is safe and healthy.
Owen
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
Mohavesam

Post by Mohavesam »

LA county - pre-prefix 44 rifles, etc. Man you have a tough row to hoe!

Watch for the Kingman, Flagstaff, and Prescott gun shows to re-open (gun show trader website) and make the drive! Lots of retailers here in Prescott and plenty of employee-owned oddities. Stay active in your politics and never give up. 8-) 8-) 8-)
:o It is a Right, NOT a permit.
Political Correctness = Political Submission :oops:
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

Hey Mohavesam,
Thanks for the tip.
I lived in the Phoenix area most of my life, went to ASU, and know AZ well. I visit occasionally and my bestie has a place in Flagstaff so the June 6/7 show might work out if it happens.
I actually bought two S&W 19-4 at that big GS in Prescott in 1980 (one was for my dad) and I still have both. A cousin lives in Prescott Valley - I should visit her.
I'm pretty sure my politics do not jibe with most here, but I certainly plan to stay active. The courts just blocked the CA law requiring ammo from out of state to go through an FFL which makes life easier (and less expensive). I don't own or desire an AR so that's not a problem for me and plenty of grandfathered off-roster guns come up for sale on the Calguns website. Some nice Rugers, too. Hard times are bringing prices down.
Hope to meet you someday AZ.
O
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
hittman

Post by hittman »

Welcome from Illinois!