Hello from Dover UK

drone

Hello from Dover UK

Post by drone »

Hi, I have a #1 in 308 and a #3 in 223.
I have the opportunity to acquire a #1 chambered for the 8 x 64S for peanuts and wondered if anyone in the US had one in this caliber and, if so, how marked is the recoil as I am just getting over a rotator cuff injury in my shooting shoulder and don't want to push it too much.
Attachments
ruger #3.JPG
#1.JPG
67stingray

Re: Hello from Dover UK

Post by 67stingray »

Hello and welcome, nice single shot rifles you have there, I'm sure you know their addictive. You must be a peanut farmer, I don't know of many people with that kind of peanuts in stock. You'll find a very knowledgeable and welcoming group here. Good luck on your rehab.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Welcome from KY! Two beautiful single shots you have!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
Ruger8r

Post by Ruger8r »

Welcome to the party! Nice rifles.
I'm not an expert on these but I don't think Ruger produced a No. 1 in that caliber, which may account for the peanuts.
With a pressure level near 59,000 psi and heavy bullets I'd guess recoil would be similar to a 30-06. I'm sure other, more knowledgeable members will chime in but I wanted to get this out for your consideration.
This is a cool forum with the most helpful Ruger owners on the planet posting on it. Enjoy!
"My greatest fear is that, when I die, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them." Anonymous Collector
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Greetings! I believe you are our 2nd member from the UK. Our other UK member lives in Derbyshire and is a Ruger shotgun man. I am not a single shot rifle owner but there is a lot of knowledge among the members about them. We have fun here so join in the festivities!!
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
SPAS 15

Post by SPAS 15 »

Welcome from Derbyshire, U.K.
If you like or shoot Ruger firearms, want to learn more about them you have come to the right place.

The folks here are a great bunch and very knowledgeable. Join in and get involved.
drone

Post by drone »

Actually I screwed up on the cartridge, it's an 8 x 68S. This link is t the vihtavuori data page https://www.vihtavuori.com/reloading-da ... tridge=100
It's actually far to powerful for my requirement so I passed on it.
Many thanks for all the comments btw.