Fan of P-Series pistols, looking to gather and share information

themousethatroared

Fan of P-Series pistols, looking to gather and share information

Post by themousethatroared »

I am a fan of P-Series pistols, and am interested in sharing and gathering information.
I have been concentrating on model evolution of the P89, P93, and P94 from the point before the P89 was officially differentiated from the P85, to the last of the metal frame pistols.
I am looking forward to sharing that I have found, and gaining any input available.
67stingray

Re: Fan of P-Series pistols, looking to gather and share information

Post by 67stingray »

Glad to have you, I myself have sold off most of my P series pistols I feel the collecting market on them has a future in it. Looking forward to learning and hopefully sharing more interest in them, they're great pistols. Here's a P345 Phoenix that I held onto.
Bennett
Attachments
Ruger P345 Phoenix #6.jpg
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Glad to have you with us. Post some pictures of your favorite "P" pistoles, we love to see pictures.
O M CRAZY
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Welcome to the greatest group of people anywhere. Ruger is spoken fluently here and we have fun. If it concerns anything Ruger someone will know something about it.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Love the old P series pistols. Most under-rated pistol ever made. Have owned several over the years, and all have been 100#reliable. Currently own a P95 and P97, and wife still has a P95.
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
hittman

Post by hittman »

I had a number of the P-series pistols some years back. I’m not your expert on all the variations with them.

The DC versions seemed to be my favorites. I remember getting a blued P95DC on close out from CDNN in the $300 range I think. Believe I had the 90, 95 and 97s.
Aquaman

Post by Aquaman »

I am a new member here just bought my first Ruger. It’s a P94 with built in laser. Does anyone know much about these? Can’t find much out about them
contender

Post by contender »

Welcome!

The P-Series semi's are great guns, I have a few myself. I also managed to score a "Gunsmith's parts box" of odds & ends of P-Series parts many years ago. (He was a police armorer, and had purchased a bunch of parts.)

Specific questions about them,, I'll try to answer as best I can.
fishhuntnut

Post by fishhuntnut »

Just like contender, I have lots of spare parts for P series, including lots of slides barrels, etc. Bought out a gunsmith whose dad was a state police armorer and kept lots of stuff until they forced him to melt everything... what a shame.. but, ...

Welcome to the forum...