Finally nice weather

RoninPA

Finally nice weather

Post by RoninPA »

Finally had some nice weather last week so the wife and I went out to camp to get some shooting in. She took her SR22 and I took a bunch (SR-22 with suppressor, SR1911, SIG 238, SIG 1911 Scorpion, and a Glock 22) The SR1911, 238 and Scorpion were all brand new, never shot (even though I've owned the SR1911 since Oct of last year). Also took the LCP out to see what the wife though about it, I'd like to get her into a larger caliber for her carry gun. She did ok, just needs more trigger time and wanted the sights modified so she could get a better sight picture, so I painted the front bright orange when we got home. I think next will be purchasing an LC9 to see how she likes that since she doesn't really like my SR9C.

I have a Mark III that is set up for my suppressor, but with subsonic rounds it sometimes doesn't quite cycle the action, I think the bolt is just a bit heavy for those rounds. On the other hand, the SR22 functioned flawlessly with the subsonics. If all goes well, at the next East Coast Gathering, I'll bring my suppressor and my SIG 516 SBR and a suppressor for it.

Well that's it for now, If this coming Sunday is nice, back out to shoot some more, maybe I can get my not fired yet, year old SR556 sighted in with the Vortex red dot I put on it ;)
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
JussBad

Re: Finally nice weather

Post by JussBad »

Congratulations on your retirement. Sounds as though you both had a great time.
flattop44

Re: Finally nice weather

Post by flattop44 »

Sounds like y'all are having fun!! Shooting those suppressed Marks are a lot of fun. I have had a suppressed Mark II for several years and about all you hear on this one is the slide cycling, its a hoot to shoot!
FT44