Ruger Precision Rimfire

Charlie1022

Ruger Precision Rimfire

Post by Charlie1022 »

I just picked up a new Ruger Precision Rimfire the other day and put a hawke 6x24x50 with a 30mm tube on it and side focus. I have only tried one kind of ammo so far and want to try a couple more. Has anyone else tried one of these and what ammo does it like?
Charlie1022
Rugerologist

Re: Ruger Precision Rimfire

Post by Rugerologist »

Charlie, I picked up the precisions in .308 and 6.5 last year but probably won't end up with the rimfire. Neither of mine have come out of the boxes yet mainly because I have been too cheap to pair them with optics. That said, some of my ammo finicky Target 10/22s feed and run Eley match 40gr. with good results and groups. Makes for a slightly more expensive range day compared to a "cheaper" brick of other brands but worth it in avoiding those frustrating failure to feed or fire situations.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Charlie, I've been on the fence about these precisions in .22 LR until the other day when I ran across this Talo Exclusive. I was on the fence because I already have some target model 10/22's and I just don't do that much long range shooting with the caliber. The .308 and 6.5 Creedmoor on a precision chassis I understand but mine are still boxed up. That said, something about the gray on this one appealed to me and I think the contrast with the sheepskin is great. This is my first Mayodan NC gun that I'm aware of although I'll need to look at my other Precision models to be sure.

Info on this model:
FAMILY: Precision Rifle Series
MODEL: Precision Rifle
TYPE: Rifle
ACTION: Bolt Action
FINISH: Tactical Gray Cerakote
STOCK/FRAME: Collapsible / Folding Stock
STOCK/GRIPS: Quick-Fit Precision Rimfire
SPC FEATURE: Threaded Barrel Model
WEIGHT:6.8 lbs.
CALIBER/GAUGE:22 LR
CAPACITY:15 + 1
# OF MAGS:1
MAGAZINE DESC:15 rd. BX-15 Magazine
BARREL:18" Target Barrel
OVERALL LENGTH:35.13" - 38.63"
RATE-OF-TWIST:1-in-16
RECEIVER: Tactical Gray Cerakote
SIGHTS: None
SAFETY: Reversible AR Style Selector
ADDL INFO: Ruger Marksman Adjust. Trigger
ADDL INFO:15" Free-Float M-LOK Handguard
ADDL INFO: Accepts ALL 10/22 Magazines
EXCLUSIVE: TALO EXCLUSIVE

Enjoy!
Attachments
IMG-2862.JPG
IMG-2861.JPG
IMG-2860.JPG
IMG-2859.JPG
IMG-2858.JPG
Last edited by Rugerologist on Fri May 10, 2019 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

I agree with you, the contrast between the black and gray gives it some neat character. I've also been on the fence about one for the same reason you had but if I got one it probably would be in .17 HMR. I finally got out my Precision in .308 and shot it the other day, didn't get out past 100 yards but was happy with it dialing it in.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Bennett, glad to hear you like it and that you got out the .308! When I weigh out the price of the optics that I like versus new firearms the guns win out every time. I've been putting off optic purchases in favor of guns but at some point, I'm going to be forced to pony up if I want to shoot some of these.
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Chuck, I agree with you it is a lot harder to pull the trigger on optics than firearms. I put a Vortex Viper 6.5x20x50 on my Precision and it's a great scope for the price, but that hasn't slowed me down on the gun purchases. I've bought 15 guns since buying the RPR including 13 Rugers, I know it's an addiction but one I'm proud of.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.