No rifle shooters?

gewehrfreund

No rifle shooters?

Post by gewehrfreund »

Apparently, ROCS members don't shoot their Ruger rifles. :)

Every time I visit this site, which is not all that often, I look at this section, and am always disappointed to see only my old post from Sept. 2014 and Lee's from Aug.

It would be nice to see some other posts from all the other rifle owners out there . . ;)
gunman42782

Re: No rifle shooters?

Post by gunman42782 »

Well, I own a Mini 14, two 77MK 2s (.308 and 30/.06), 10/22, PC 9, and probably a couple more I can't remember right now! I think the biggest majority of actual collectors collect the old model revolvers. I am more of a accumulator. And I shoot and use every gun I own.
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

I shoot some of my rifles probably more than any pistols but rarely take photos at the range. Will try to do better. Now that the weather is starting to cooperate I'll bet there will be more shooting posts!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Last night I disposed of a big old coon that persisted on continuing to raid our bird feeder. My American .22 Mag, that is my Dilla killer, did an outstanding job! The high viz front sight works well at night with very little light. Sorry no pics. 😔
Bill
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

flattop44 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:56 am Last night I disposed of a big old coon that persisted on continuing to raid our bird feeder. My American .22 Mag, that is my Dilla killer, did an outstanding job! The high viz front sight works well at night with very little light. Sorry no pics. 😔
Bill
My very scared neighbor called me several years ago to tell me there was a raccoon in her dog yard. This was in the middle of the day so said raccoon was not in his right mind. This neighbor did not like guns so she asked me what I was going to do. I told her I was going to shoot it which she was not happy about.... The raccoon growled and snorted at me as he climbed the tree that was in the dog yard. I waited until he stopped to look and put 2 hollow points in his head from my K10/22 Wallyworld Special... Mr Raccoon tumbled out of the tree to recieve a 3rd round just to make sure... I bagged him up neatly in 2 double extra heavy trash bags. The funeral was held on the next trash pickup day when Mr Raccoon took his final ride in the garbage truck... Now my neighbor's husband owns a shotgun...
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
gewehrfreund

Post by gewehrfreund »

Just so I'm not viewed as a hypocrite, I'll add that it's been a very rough winter here in the great white north for shooting; worse than usual and that's plenty bad.
But I did get out recently with a "sporterized" No. 3 Liberty in 22 Hornet that I picked up last year (or was it early this year? - it all runs together :? )

At 100 yds with a 6x Burris Mini and several loads just pulled out of the manuals based on powders I have on hand, it performed very well; especially given the chilly conditions. I'm looking forward to a lot more shooting/load development and expect it to be very accurate, as well as being all sorts of fun to shoot.
Attachments
IMG_0228.JPG
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

AS soon as the weather warms up a little more I want to get out my Ruger rifles out and give them some exercise. I have a 77/22, 77/17 HMR, M77/7MM American 22 Mag and lots of 10/22's and a new PC Carbine 9mm that need good workouts so they don't get fat.
Charlie1022
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

That No. 3 is pretty! It ought to be a tac driver. I am ashamed to say that I don't own a No. 3 in any caliber, and also do not have a .22 hornet in any make.

The weather here is improving. It looks and feels like Spring and we should be over the cold weather hump. It's not out of the question to have another cold snap but for now, it's just the rain and work hours limiting my range time.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
gewehrfreund

Post by gewehrfreund »

Cirrhitidae wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:08 am That No. 3 is pretty! It ought to be a tac driver. I am ashamed to say that I don't own a No. 3 in any caliber, and also do not have a .22 hornet in any make.

The weather here is improving. It looks and feels like Spring and we should be over the cold weather hump. It's not out of the question to have another cold snap but for now, it's just the rain and work hours limiting my range time.
If it shoots half as good as it looks, I'll be very happy!
I too am guilty of not getting out to shoot often enough; and I don't even have a regular job anymore. :)

I'm not a big fan of the No. 3 in its original configuration, but they do clean up well for custom projects.
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

Maybe I posted this before: I found a spent hornet case in the woods as a kid, and still have it, wanted one since then. A few years ago got a set of Hornet dies in a trade and that ripped it, I overspent on a really nice #3 Hornet, but great shape and factory original