Scoping a take-down 10/22 that showed up at my door

ruger
Site Admin

Scoping a take-down 10/22 that showed up at my door

Post by ruger »

I'd like to scope this for squirrel hunting there's a bunch of hype about the Leapers UTG BugBuster 3-9x32mm Riflescope 36 Color Mil Dot Reticle 1" Tube Black but I really don't want to not have a scope because I forgot to turn a battery off, so this is $80 with mounts but you need new $8 rail. REALLY cheap solution but if I really want to use the bag it came in so you need a quick attach (keep zero) and something like the Bushnell Optics Drop Zone-22 BDC Rimfire Reticle Riflescope with Target Turrets, Matte Black, 2-7x/32mm, slightly more no mounts but I'd prefer that. So without braking the bank, my mother tells me I'm so cheap I squeak, is there a affordable detachable solution for this?
Rugerologist

Re: Scoping a take-down 10/22 that showed up at my door

Post by Rugerologist »

I've always liked these! https://warnescopemounts.com/product-ca ... ck-detach/ They are somewhat pricey which I know is a concern but are some of the most rugged and reliable mounts for removing an optic to another rail and holding zero. If that doesn't work for you try looking at Millett quick release models.

Regarding .22 optics and affordability, the BSA Catseye optics are some of the most affordable and clearest optics that I've seen. Chief AJ worked with them on the air rifle model which is rugged enough for a .22 or a .17. Also, an Arkansas product!
https://www.bsaoptics.com/search.aspx?search=catseye
Some models are no longer made but can still be found through retailers. The ones that I own are clearer than some of my more high-end stuff which were 10x the price or better.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber