Red Label Clay Pigeon Shoot

SPAS 15

Red Label Clay Pigeon Shoot

Post by SPAS 15 »

Went out clay pigeon shooting today with my mate Steve with two of our Danish imported Red Labels. The shotguns both performed impeccably which is more than could be said for our shooting. That aside we had a great day.
Attachments
IMG_1570.JPG
Last edited by SPAS 15 on Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flattop44

Re: Red Label Clay Pigeon Shoot

Post by flattop44 »

It sure sounds like you had fun busting clays!! Great way to break those Red Labels in!
Bill
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

OH yes, bring on the CLAYS! My favorite shooting sport is SPORTING CLAYS, which came to the U.S. in the 1980s from England!
Some targets are quite humbling, but they are great practice for my favorite form of hunting; pheasants and quail over my German Short Hair Pointer. Brass Frame/Lee E
zebra55

Post by zebra55 »

I have a matched set of 50th anniversary Rugers that I use on the clays. 28g, 20g, and 12g. whenever I want to be humbled, I set aside the 12 and use the 28..ugh..I tell my shooting companions that if I don't like looking at the score sheet, I just look at my Rugers instead
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

So Simon.... Which stunning chap are you? I didn't answer this thread when it originally posted because I was under treatment at the time but your email today jogged my memory.... The thing I miss most is my mind!!
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
SPAS 15

Post by SPAS 15 »

I am as you say Carl the 'stunning' chap on the right. This is at our clay pigeon club in a place called Doveridge. There are closer clubs to go to but it is a lovely place to shoot, the people are great and the tea and bacon butties are to die for. Butties on this side of the pond means sandwiches!

Steve is shooting his Red Label All Weather and i am using my Red Label Target Grey. We went there last on the 14th of December along with Steve's brother who also bought along is Red Label and although it was bitterly cold we had a great time and managed by sheer luck to bust a few clays.
Last edited by SPAS 15 on Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Looks like a fun time was had by all!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Simon a "bacon buttie" sounds delicious... My friend Bud has a saying... "On a scale from 1 to 10 you are bacon" Glad to put a face to the name. My picture would scare you! Thanks for the nice Christmas card... Bearcat is a favorite from way back. My uncle's trapping buddy had a beatup Bearcat that I shot back in the 1960's when I was a kid. Good luck on your new shotgun adventures and enjoy your Christmas holiday
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

Keep practicing with those Red Label Rugers! I watched a Ruger "Sporting Clays: model sell last weekend, it went for too much in my opinion. It was new in the case, 30" barrels and sold for $2000.00 U.S. I have owned several Red Labels including two 20 gauge
however they are all gone now. I now prefer the 20 gauge Benelli Ethos for bird shooting, a Benelli Super Black Eagle III for ducks, and 12 gauge Winchester Model 21s for targets. For a sunny day shoot I have two Perazzi custom stocked guns also.
Brass Frame/Lee