Ruger Blackhawk/Single Six Bluing for Old Models

fastgreg

Ruger Blackhawk/Single Six Bluing for Old Models

Post by fastgreg »

Anyone know who Gunsmith for Rebluing for Old Model, I have see and tried several gunsmiths who can rebluing but they are NOT look same as old ORIGINAL looks...Need know who can do job for Ruger Old Model REBLUING job..
Bowen, MGW, Turnbull, some others , Can do it but NOT match as Original Bluing, it look more blacken or too much polish to became high luster bluing and round edge the roll stamps if it too much polish from wheels, must be by hand job.
Let me know any name and phone numbers and check them. Thanks..
FastGreg.
flattop44

Re: Ruger Blackhawk/Single Six Bluing for Old Models

Post by flattop44 »

Dan Tanks and Radical Rod may be able to help, both ROCS members and they have a man who does good work. I'll contact them about this posy.
FT44
rugerguy

Post by rugerguy »

Yes, my old partner in our gun shop, Walter has done many over the years and they come out ,look, match,very much with the original, but that being said, the new bluing salts that are now being used by most, including Walt, are of a darker, yes ,even blacker finish,but it really is how the guns are polished that makes them look, and match the older finish.....so it is the technique, more than the finish, so if you want EXACTLY the same, good luck, I know of no one who today does it that way, using the solutions of days gone by, same goes for the polishing techniques, the master polishers of the old Colt ,S&W days are gone, and many who claim to replicate ,such as Fords, are too over polished and of NO comparison....only thing I can tell you is give me a call or e-mail and Ill put you in touch with Walt, try him out.......By the way his shop is currently on reduced hours as the owner, Skip, passed away and they are open to the public for two days a week, and Walt is in there ,working on guns four days............ 8-)
tyler4656

Post by tyler4656 »

We do factory restorations!
Tyler Gun Works
806-729-7292
In God We Trust!
jimbo1096

Post by jimbo1096 »

Bobby, I need to get the 357 Max to you. I believe you did the blueing on the 44 Flattop on the cover of the latest ROCS Digest if I read correctly? I've seen the work you did on Tommy's FT and it is outstanding.
Jim H.
Hawkeye28

Post by Hawkeye28 »

I REALLY HAVE ENJOYED BOBBY TYLER'S WORK AND HIS WORK ETHICS! 8-)
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

+100%. Get with Bobby, he will fix you up.
FT44
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Go with Bobby over at Tyler Gun Works!!!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber