Primers for reloading

Brass Frame

Primers for reloading

Post by Brass Frame »

Since I shoot Action Pistol, I am always on the look for bargains to buy pistol ammo components. I would like to ask what ROCS members are paying for Small Pistol and Large Pistol primers around the country? I reload for 9mm and .45ACP.
Thanks, Brass Frame/Lee
gunman42782

Re: Primers for reloading

Post by gunman42782 »

Last time anybody had any they were $40 a brick.
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

I haven't bought any in some time, but if I could buy some at $40.00 a brick I would load up. IMO

O M CRAZY
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

Are you referring to a brick being 1,000? That makes them $.04 per primer. I was recently told that primers are worth $.15 to $.20 per primer for small pistol or large pistol! I am not a buyer at those prices. brass frame/Lee E
JAYDAWG

Post by JAYDAWG »

I like to reload. It is fun and I shoot as much as I want.
BUT, the only primers I can find right now are on GB and they are going for
around $250 for a box of1000 :o :evil:
Thankfully I have a few thousand to keep me shooting until the madness subsides!!!
Good luck Lee........

Cheers,
JAY
I do not "own" these guns, I am but the next caretaker
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

When you look at reloading 9's & 45's with the cost of bullets, primers, and powder not to mention your time (even with a Dillon press) it's getting close to what you can buy them for when you buy bulk.
But it still pays to reload if you have the time, or if you want a special load. IMO

O M CRAZY
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

I agree Vince, but factory loads of any brand are very scarce around me! I was lucky to find bullets recently and I have plenty of powder, but lack primers! Brass Frame/Lee E
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Lee,
I just pick up 500 .45 copper coated (not Jacked) bullets, that's .16 cents apiece. Put that with a .25 cent primer and about a nickels worth of power, that's .46cents and about 3 hours of time. So I save about .25 to.30 cents a round without counting my time. At my age my time not worth much and it gives me something to do. I'm low on powder and out of bullets, and the guns stores are also out. Waiting for the next gun show, get there early and pay the BIG prices. :( :cry:

O M CRAZY
Charlie1022

Post by Charlie1022 »

I was at a show here in Florida this weekend and saw some old CCI primers for $100 on up to $200 per 1000. Saw 9mm selling for $40 and more per 50 pounds. With prices like this I am glad I stocked up on reloading supplies years ago. I loaded some 45 ACP in December and the price on the box was $13 per 1000.
Charlie1022
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

Charlie, I agree with you. My last lot of 1,000 primers had a sticker at $16.95, but I cannot live in the past! I am shooting more pistol action than ever before with my new 9m Sig 210 Target and my Ruger Night Watchman .45 ACP. Thank goodness I had the sense to buy range brass, coated bullets and some powder last fall. I am a buyer of CCI Small Pistol primers at $100. per 1,000.
Brass Frame/Lee E