ROCS at Huntsville "Rocket City"

Questions about the Ruger Collectors and Owners Society Inc.
RoninPA

ROCS at Huntsville "Rocket City"

Post by RoninPA »

Well, I guess it has to start somewhere and January 2019 is NOT that far off. Who is planning on going to the Huntsville show Jan 26/27?

Jackie and I will definitely be there, I made our hotel reservations today and also emailed the gun show people to reserve a display table.

For the fence sitters:
Last year was the first year for us to do the Huntsville show. We had a great time, it's a great location (going from the hotel to the show is all indoors) and the the hotel room rate is very good. Toss in a good hot breakfast buffet and a free happy hour (all part of the room rate and is fabulous), it makes for a easy, relaxed atmosphere. Then comes the banquet at this fabulous mexican restaurant (you get more good food that you can imagine and awesome service). The gun show people love having us there and it's really a nice kind of laid back show but still a pretty good size. I got some really good deals from several of the vendors I bought from (including Mr. Hamm)

If you have time you can visit the U.S. Space & Rocket Center, an amazing museum. Along with all the other rockets on display they have Saturn V rockets both vertical and horizontal (separated to show the different stages), rocket engines, NASA artifacts, other outstanding exhibits and a great IMAX theater. It's really not too expensive to get in and there are loads of things to see and do.

Come on down to Huntsville and see, like Jackie and I did, it's a great venue and a lot of fun.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
Rugerologist

Re: ROCS at Huntsville "Rocket City"

Post by Rugerologist »

I hope to be able to attend this one and would probably bring two displays out being closer to me. There is a chance that I'll have a minor surgery between now and then so that'll determine my going. For now, I'm a tentative yes.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Ron is 100% correct on all counts, this is really a fun show. Chuck, two displays will be great, sure hope your surgery goes well and you will be able to come.

We encourage and welcome everyone to come on to Rocket City and enjoy a great weekend of Rugers and comradary with like minded people.

Bill
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Ron Is Correct, it is a much more relaxed atmosphere. Don't forget that the show promoter gives out cash awards to winning displays, and ROCS will give an award and may be a gift? And if you have the time Huntsville has a lot to see.

And yes I will have a display. Hope to see you there.

O M CRAZY, aka Vince
Big Old Boy

Post by Big Old Boy »

If my health holds out and I can stay away from the VA hospital I will try to make it again and yes it is a great show I missed last year but do hope to make it.
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

We sure hope you can make it this year Bob.
Bill
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

I have been trying to get in touch with the show promoters by email but all I get in reply is this:

This is an automated reply. I am currently setting up for the gun show. If you have any questions about the gun show or need to reach me immediately, please contact me on my cell phone (334-322-8818).
Thank you for your support and I look forward to seeing you at the show.
Ryan Wells

I guess on Monday I'll give Ryan a call to see what is going on.

BTW, I called the Embassy Suites hotel last month to reserve our room and they told me that the gun show room rates had not been set yet because they were waiting to talk to the gun show promoters. They did tell me that if I reserve now, they will change the rate once everything is worked out with the promoters.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Ron,

I would suggest that you reserve your room now. Ryan and Allen haven't got things set up with the hotel yet, but they should have it done next week. If you reserve now and the special rate is not set up they, the hotel, will adjust your rate once the special is known. Should be no problem for you. I have the same problem, but I am not worried, it will be adjusted.

Vince
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Yep, go ahead and do what Vince advises. I'll be at one of their shows in Hoover next weekend so if you need me to talk to Allen or Ryan about anything let me know by next weekend.

Oh, everyone needs to get their display writeup in to Vince as soon as you can.

Looking forward to seeing you all there., Bill
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

I talked to Allen just an hour ago. There was a mix up in communications with the hotel and it is all straightened out now. I had reserved our room last month and Allen said he would make sure it got moved into the block of rooms set up for the show for the lower price. Had a good talk with him and he is looking forward to ROCS being at the show. Reserved my display table and asked how he wanted me to pay for it. He said, "Just pay us when you get down here". What great guys him and his son are.

The automated email responses came from his son who is presently out of town and I guess he is real busy right now but Allen took care of me.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron