Red Eagle News Exchange

deltaarnet

Red Eagle News Exchange

Post by deltaarnet »

After reading all the positive comments about RENE, I joined last night. If anyone has any back publications and willing to part with them, please let me know.

Thanks
NRA Life Endowment Member
T.A. Workman

Re: Red Eagle News Exchange

Post by T.A. Workman »

Sir,
You might want to check with Chad the editor,,he often had some extras, Not sure if all you need but worth checking.
Best
Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
deltaarnet

Post by deltaarnet »

T.A. Workman wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:21 pm Sir,
You might want to check with Chad the editor,,he often had some extras, Not sure if all you need but worth checking.
Best
Terry

Thanks, Terry sent an email.
NRA Life Endowment Member
iatopgun

Post by iatopgun »

I just acquired a large amount of Red Eagle News Exchange issues and also many Ruger Collectors Association publications and many older Ruger catalogs. Any interest out there. Oh, also a white 44 Blackhawk box!
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

What is the white box, can you please send me a picture.
Bill
iatopgun

Post by iatopgun »

Box is 16 x 9 x 2 3/4 inches. Outer sleeve and hinged inner box.
Attachments
IMG_0006 (2).JPG
IMG_0004 (2).JPG
IMG_0003 (2).JPG
IMG_0002 (2).JPG
IMG_0001 (2).JPG
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Nice looking box. By looking at the cutout for the gun I believe you have one of the Ruger Collector Association "White Case" S45N Super Blackhawk boxes made back about 1987. It was only 110 of those guns made by the RCA. This box would be a great addition for someone who has one of those guns and no white case for it.
Bill
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

What appropriate timing for a white box to show up! Bill, can you educate me on how you can tell that it's RCA? I'm comparing his photo with your article and can see the cutout difference indicating S45N but not much else. Were those RCA offerings the only S45N white boxes? Also, do all the white boxes share the same outer dimensions?
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
iatopgun

Post by iatopgun »

I don't know much about the box. I bought it at an estate sale. It looks like it would fit a 5 1/2 inch Super Blackhawk to me. No idea if it's an RCA box. Came from an estate of someone who had a LOT of RCA literature, so could be an RCA special box. I also bought the literature, RENE for several years and RCA publications for several years.
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

I believe the outer diminutions are the same, only the inside cutout is different. The boxes did not have any RCA markings that I remember and replicate the original really well. The Makers Label is exactly the same as the original. As far as I know, the RCA S45N is the only other white boxed guns made other that the originals.
Bill