Unique D gun and question

Includes all Pre-1973 Old model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Super Bearcats, Hawkeye
and Black Powder Old Army.
41fan

Unique D gun and question

Post by 41fan »

Hi, attached are pictures, hopefully they show up properly, of a relatively unique late Old Model "D" BKH 36 as the "D" is stamped backwards and it has a Super Grip Frame, Hammer, and trigger. I am fairly certain that the D stamp is factory as it letters as a D gun. Unfortunately I can't confirm if the grip frame is factory as the letter references original invoices in a flood. I do have a factory letter on a BKH 36 that shipped with a Super grip frame but that one shipped in 1975. I've got a couple of questions on this particular gun that I'm hoping to get a little help with. First, how common (amongst uncommon D guns) is a backwards D stamp? And secondly, what is the likelihood that this particular gun shipped (1972) with a super grip frame? Thanks for any assistance. - John
41fan

Re: Unique D gun and question

Post by 41fan »

Had to resize the images, second try
Attachments
GF3.jpg
GF2.jpg
GF.jpg
letter 2.jpg
serial #2.jpg
chet15

Post by chet15 »

We had a Duplicate serial number 10/22 once that had the "D" stamped sideways.
Chet15
chet15

Post by chet15 »

Oh yes... I wish the factory wouldn't reference "the flood" every time they can't find something in the records.
Seems to be the only answer they have when they get an additional question that they simply can't answer.
"The flood" actually happened years earlier than when your "D" marked BKH-36 was produced.
Chet15
Hawkeye28

Post by Hawkeye28 »

The frame, panels and trigger/hammer are easy swap outs(except for the hammer shoulders on the frame......). I have a number of these "packages on shooter 357 Flattops........ 8-)The SN suggests the gun to be too early for a "cleanup"