Got lucky today

Includes all Pre-1973 Old model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Super Bearcats, Hawkeye
and Black Powder Old Army.
Rugerologist

Got lucky today

Post by Rugerologist »

Some of this post could be in another forum but I'm putting it all together as the following all came as a package deal. This morning a buddy called me who is a major knife collector. He also is heavy into Winchesters but isn't really interested in other brands. He knows about some of my knife collection and in particular some German made Solingen steel folders known as Bulldogs. He asked if I would be interested in trading my Bulldog collection for some Rugers and boxes that he traded who knows what for. I said I'll bring em over and we can see what you've got. I arrive at his home and he has 4 pistols laid out, nine random Ruger boxes and a Tupperware bowl full of stickers and pins. Long story short I traded my Bulldog knives for the lot. Ended up with two flatgate single sixes, one of them is a tricolor, the other is a 4 digit. Both are used but in excellent condition, although I would love to find the right grips to replace these ugly fake stags. The other two NM pistols have all boxes and paperwork and are a KP512MKIII and an KMKIII512. We were both happy with the deal. I'm extremely happy with my trades of the day!
Attachments
IMG-2692.JPG
IMG-2693.JPG
IMG-2694.JPG
IMG-2690.JPG
IMG-2691.JPG
Last edited by Rugerologist on Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Rugerologist

Re: Got lucky today

Post by Rugerologist »

And the boxes
Attachments
IMG-2687.JPG
IMG-2688.JPG
IMG-2689.JPG
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Chuck,
That's some good stuff there. Since you did the trade I'd say you figured you came out even or ahead.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

That is a great score. Good stuff, love those Tri-Colors and Flatgates. I have some correct Black Rubber girips for your Flatgate.
Bill
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

That's great for you, you never know what you're going to find, some more Ruger history in your hands.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Dang! I would say you did OK!!!!!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Always a good day when you add a Flatgate to your collection.
Cool Chuck
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Thanks, guys! I think the trade was pretty even as he's putting a set together and I had the majority of what he needed. Bill, I would love to get my hands on those grips. Also that yellow black and red buckle that you had on your table in Tulsa. I meant to pick that up before we left but got sidetracked.
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Chuck, we will get together on the grips and the buckle.
Bill
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Man you could fall in a septic tank and come out with a $20 Gold Piece! Great score Chuck. Glad you did some trading to get something you really wanted.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...