Ruger Wrangler

Includes all Post 1973 New Model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Maximums, Bisleys, Vaqueros,
and New Vaqueros.
gunman42782

Ruger Wrangler

Post by gunman42782 »

https://ruger.com/products/wrangler/mod ... pwBlApz0sY

Looks like Ruger is going after the Heritage market. Looks pretty cheap to me. Bill is rolling over in his grave!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
Rugerologist

Re: Ruger Wrangler

Post by Rugerologist »

That's the first I've seen of these. Interesting...
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Like to see one up close, the Cerakote finish should be strong, one of them has the Pinto look of the old Colt Scout.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

I can see this showing up on Swamp People.... For someone that needs a .22 revolver for a trapline or to carry on an ATV where it could be subject to getting covered in mud or soaked this might be a good option. Getting this all scuffed and beat up would not be as bad as tearing up a pristine Bearcat or Single Six.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
zebra55

Post by zebra55 »

WT has hit it perfectly. I need something for the trap line. Been taking my vintage single six and it does the job, but water, mud and metal traps swinging on the backpack just causes too much anxiety. Just know that something bad is in store at some point for it. In fact I was just at cabelas last week looking cheap no name pistols to use. This will be perfect can't wait to find one..... ;)
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

Interesting, aluminum alloy frame. 30 oz..
Bill
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

The frame looks like a machined solid billet of aluminum so that might account for the weight. I see it advertised at one retailer online for $190 shipped but they are out of stock. Should be interesting to see how this one works out. They may have a good market for it.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Big Old Boy

Post by Big Old Boy »

It would be a great teaching tool the grand kids would love it and they can load it as opposed to me loading mags for the mk3.
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

I haven't purchased a NM .22 for shooting in quite a long time, I'll have one of each of these little dandies. I'll bet they sell faster then Lemon Shake-ups & Fresh Pork Rinds at the FFA pavilion during the County Fair.
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Gene, I was thinking the same thing! Have a gift card to my local shop with enough on it to pick up two models right away!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber