Old Blackhawk

Includes all Pre-1973 Old model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Super Bearcats, Hawkeye
and Black Powder Old Army.
silver

Old Blackhawk

Post by silver »

Hello, Looking for any information that you may have on this Ruger of mine, or to see if my information has hit a dead end.
I purchased this gun in 1980 at a gun show in Indy with money I had earned from a paper route at age 14. I was told that the gun had came from an Estate in Texas. I recently requested information and a Letter of Authenticity from Ruger and was sent the attached letter. I am looking for any further information that you knowledgeable members might have, such as BKH3, what exactly does that mean? I am also attaching a few photos of the gun for you to see.
Thank you for any information that you can give me on this.
Jeff
letter.jpg
Blackhawk1.jpg
Blackhawk.jpg
flattop44

Re: Old Blackhawk

Post by flattop44 »

The BKH3 means Blackhawk .357 Magnum with 4-5/8" barrel. It looks like your gun is nickel plated and has aftermarket stags. I think that the plating is also aftermarket since the factory letter does not mention it. Really good looking Flattop and I really like the stags. Thanks for sharing this one with us.
Bill
silver

Post by silver »

Thank you so kindly for the information. Really looking forward to being a member and receiving the digest.
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

I can't add to what Bill said but It sure is a beautiful flattop! I'm surprised they didn't have the grip frame done as well but the contrast looks good. I love the look and color of those stags too. Great buy with paper route funds as I'm certain you earned it mile after mile and one paper at a time!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
silver

Post by silver »

Thank you again, and yes many papers and steps.lol