P93DC

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
gunman42782

P93DC

Post by gunman42782 »

Finally got to the shop to pick up my P93DC. I was a little disappointed in the finish (at first). It just looks so different than any of my other stainless P pistols. I shot it, shoots fine. Went home and really got to wondering about the finish. I looked in Chad Hiddleson's Reference of Ruger Firearms, and I found that for a short time, Ruger applied what was called a Rem-coat (grey matte-like) finish to the receiver of some of their KP93 pistols. The books said this finish would be considered extremely rare as it was not used for very long, but was also produced concurrently with Ruger's standard stainless finish. It remind me of the "target grey" finish Ruger put on some of the Super Redhawks. So, what I was at first disappointed in, I am now pretty happy about!!! I will try to post a pic later, but I bought it off gunbroker, and the pics from there didn't really show the finish well. It just looked like regular stainless, so I doubt my cell phone pics will be any better.
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
gunman42782

Re: P93DC

Post by gunman42782 »

The 93 is top left. Very different finish than any of the others.
GOA Member
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

It does look a lot like the target gray. It is a good score when you pick up a rare gun and it is a surprise. Great looking group of P series pistols.
Bill
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Great find and collection of P models!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
CPHarrison70

Post by CPHarrison70 »

Nice collection of P-series pistols! I REALLY didn't need to be enticed into considering other Rugers to collect, but that pic sure does make me think I might need a few semis.
ROCS Member
RENE Subscriber
Whisk(e)y 'n' Wheel Guns
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

CPHarrison70 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:37 am Nice collection of P-series pistols! I REALLY didn't need to be enticed into considering other Rugers to collect, but that pic sure does make me think I might need a few semis.
One good thing about the P series, you can still find them relatively cheap! At least compared to collecting Old Model Blackhawks! :lol:
GOA Member
rugerron

Post by rugerron »

gunman42782 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:04 am
CPHarrison70 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:37 am Nice collection of P-series pistols! I REALLY didn't need to be enticed into considering other Rugers to collect, but that pic sure does make me think I might need a few semis.
One good thing about the P series, you can still find them relatively cheap! At least compared to collecting Old Model Blackhawks! :lol:
Is that bottom center gun a P95DAO? If so, wanna sell it?
"Never let the inmates run the asylum".
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

No, that is a P97DC.
GOA Member
rugerron

Post by rugerron »

I should have paid closer attention. I see no DAO guns there and should know better.
"Never let the inmates run the asylum".