Ruger Standard Auto on NRA TV

Questions about the Ruger Collectors and Owners Society Inc.
Brass Frame

Ruger Standard Auto on NRA TV

Post by Brass Frame »

Did anyone besides me watch the Outdoor Channel version of the NRA TV program last night, September 11? On the segment about "I Have This Old Gun", the Ruger Standard Auto was featured. Phil Schrier reviewed the gun's history, they showed many old photos of WBR and reviewed the early history of Ruger. Our own Don Findley was mentioned as a well known authority of the early Ruger autos. It was very informative and talked about the first advertisement for the Standard Auto and the positive review given this Ruger product, in the American Rifleman magazine "Dope Bag". Great job Don and congratulations for the NRA acknowledgement!
You are famous. Brass Frame/Lee E
Watertender

Re: Ruger Standard Auto on NRA TV

Post by Watertender »

Lee, I was not home the night it played but 67stingray let me know it was on. I hope to catch it sometime. Sounds like it was a good segment.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
d findley

Post by d findley »

Lee S., Since that aired I can't leave home without my overcoat and dark glasses. HA! Thank you for the kind words. Mr. Keefe agreed to mention ROCS, but failed to do so.
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

Donnie, I would really like to see you in a trench coat and dark glasses! I bet the young girls would still recognize you!?
I believe there is confusion at the NRA over the RCA and ROCS. That needs to be a topic for all of us to work on! At least they gave Ruger some quality air time and noted the historic importance of the first Standard Autos. It was an important piece of our history. Maybe someone could ask the NRA for a copy of the video from last nights programming and post it our web page? Lee E
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

I have it recorded on my DVR but not sure how to convert it to the format required to be able to make it available through this media.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

d findley wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:47 am Lee S., Since that aired I can't leave home without my overcoat and dark glasses. HA! Thank you for the kind words. Mr. Keefe agreed to mention ROCS, but failed to do so.
As long as you leave the trench coat closed! Imagine the stir you would cause if it was open and your Ruger shirt was visible in public. They would all know you then...
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...