My Ruger Corp Collection

All Ruger Tools
radicalrod

Re: My Ruger Corp Collection

Post by radicalrod »

Watertender wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:32 am
radicalrod wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:49 pm
Ronaldwayne29 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:15 pm I have this ruger from aroind the time of 1946-1949
SWEET what is the serial number.....your among friends it OK to list it.....my earliest gun is 0059....RR
I heard Radical Rod bought that one new with money he made at $.05 an hour. He hoed tomatoes for 2 years to earn the money and paid in nickels!
I was -8 in 1949.....though I have worked for $.05 an hour in my early years....No tomato Hoe'd here.....

I wish I had been around to buy that gun new....I bought it off a TEXAS Cowboy who I meet in Tulsa....RR
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

A 1010 brace in about the same condition as yours Chuck sold for $560 on Ebay about a week ago.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Yessir! They seem to be more sought after as more of the public has become educated and aware of their existence. I watch every one I see too whether I'm bidding or not.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
T.A. Workman

Post by T.A. Workman »

I always put out at least one type of tool at every gun show I set up at. Most people are not aware of "The Ruger Corp." so it gets them looking also. The Bit Brace was my last purchase,,, ;)

Terry

NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

That's a very nice collection that you're holding there!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
radicalrod

Post by radicalrod »

Anybody here get that RUGER screwdriver off ebay last week ?
chet15

Post by chet15 »

I see there was a pair sold in the same auction a while back as well... a short and long version! Cheap!
Chet15
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

This 12" chrome straight handle drill arrived today from Stratford CT. All of my Ruger paperwork is boxed at the moment but I was hoping to find some information about the variations of these buried somewhere. The other chrome drill that I have has a handle with 5 textured rings encircling it. This one has a texture the entire handle length like my other two blued versions and far exceeds all of my others regarding condition.
Attachments
IMG-4095 (1).jpg
IMG-4094 (1).jpg
IMG-4093 (1).jpg
IMG-4092.jpg
IMG-4090 (1).jpg
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
T.A. Workman

Post by T.A. Workman »

Chuck,
That would be a restored Type II Hand Drill, it is 1/4" correct ? Good buy IMO. I was following it also but got distracted by the Ruger Corp Type I Brace Drill ;) :) . Thanks for sharing.

Your aluminum sleeved (pressed on) five band hand drill would either be a Type IV or Type V, depending on chuck size & crank style.

Best,
Terry
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Thanks for the information, Terry! 1/4" is correct. I wondered if it was a restoration and must say that whoever worked on it did a wonderful job. Mr. Tyler has one of my pistol grip drills that was in horrific condition but dirt cheap. It's been with him for a few years now and I sure hope that it comes back as snazzy as this one.
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber