Roy Rogers Single-Six

Includes all Pre-1973 Old model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Super Bearcats, Hawkeye
and Black Powder Old Army.
67stingray

Roy Rogers Single-Six

Post by 67stingray »

I don't know if anyone is in the search for one but there's one sitting on Gunbroker now. Pretty neat commemorate, here's the link to it : https://www.gunbroker.com/item/839643050
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Rugerologist

Re: Roy Rogers Single-Six

Post by Rugerologist »

Chief AJ and Roy did an old-timey cowboy and Indian gun trade in which they exchanged their respective Ruger tributes with one another at a show in Vegas. I've got the pamphlet and some paperwork shown on that RR but don't own the gun. It's a nice looking single six.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

I remember reading that in your book, if you could locate one for the right price might make a good display idea. Not sure what the current value of one is, they don't show up that often.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
rugerguy

Post by rugerguy »

those were nice guns, I recall back in the day when Ron Mahovsky was doing these tribute guns and he had to get permission from the family (Rusty I recall, the son) and they put those guns together as well as some Super Bearcats, wish I had a camera back in those days, all I got out of them was the grips they used for the guns before they signed the "RR" higher up on the panel , where the medallions would be........