Cajun Newbie

theo98

Cajun Newbie

Post by theo98 »

Hello membership!

Happy to be here, as I started my love for the Ruger Mk RF Series back in 1981 shooting a 4.5" Standard!

Today, have (in chronological purchase order), Three MkIV's, Two MkII's and Two MKI's!

Eventually, I'll post pics, but want to read and get a feel for where (or if) I can make any positive contributions!! :)

Ted
"FREEDOM Is Not FREE"!
flattop44

Re: Cajun Newbie

Post by flattop44 »

Welcome to the ROCS website and Forums. You have a great bunch of Autos and I am sure you will be able to contribute and fit right in. Post some pictures of those pistols.
Bill
theo98

Post by theo98 »

flattop44 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:01 am Welcome to the ROCS website and Forums. You have a great bunch of Autos and I am sure you will be able to contribute and fit right in. Post some pictures of those pistols.
Bill
Thanks for the greeting, Bill. I'll be posting more in the upcoming weeks :!:

Ted
SE, LA.
"FREEDOM Is Not FREE"!
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Ted,
Welcome to the forum. ANY postings add positive contributions to the membership here. If you have any questions there are people here that can answer them, some of the greatest Ruger minds are members.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Welcome Theo! BonTon Roulet! We have fun here and Ruger is spoken fluently. Jump right in on the fun
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Welcome to the group, you should fit right in. Those are really good pistols, I'm doing a display in Tulsa featuring Standards and Mark pistols. Look forward to seeing your pics and hearing more about you.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Welcome aboard from your northern neighbor in AR! I've got many memorable experiences in LA and in particular Barataria Bay and on out in the Gulf from there. I was down there for four months after the BP oil spill diving/studying the toxicology of the oil and the dispersant on various creatures in and around the bay. The guys warned us that the mosquitos were bad but we currently live in the Mississippi Delta and rice country. I love it down there and it's a beautiful state with some unique and fascinating ecosystems.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
theo98

Post by theo98 »

Rugerologist wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:02 pm Welcome aboard from your northern neighbor in AR! I've got many memorable experiences in LA and in particular Barataria Bay and on out in the Gulf from there. I was down there for four months after the BP oil spill diving/studying the toxicology of the oil and the dispersant on various creatures in and around the bay. The guys warned us that the mosquitos were bad but we currently live in the Mississippi Delta and rice country. I love it down there and it's a beautiful state with some unique and fascinating ecosystems.
RO,

Thanks for the kind welcome and comments! With 35 years in production, you get to experience the unbelievable ecological systems that Platform Structures in the GOM Support!! From the surface, all the way down to the bottom (my last managing location-Eastern Gulf-300ft of water), the diversity and beauty of the natural living environment is truly amazing and breath taking!! :P

Ted
"FREEDOM Is Not FREE"!
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

It sounds like you've got my kind of passion! I've been to 10 platforms and each was a fascinating ecosystem below the surface. They are dangerous to dive and the conditions and currents can change rapidly as you know. I study corals and invertebrates so I was glued to the structure. So much so that big ole black claw crab got my thumb through a glove and my nail turned black matching his. On our first dive, one of the students from Lumcon was donning a full chain mail suit and he said guys there are and will be some sharks around. He wasn't kidding but the barracudas gave us more grief than the sharks which would slowly cruise around us at a distance. All were very aware of us and some a little more curious than others. We only dropped down to about 120ish ft but looking down at that structure disappearing into the blackness below you really put things into perspective. The Amberjack fishing was pretty awesome too. Anyway, glad to have ya.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber