Joanna Sturm

All Memorabilia
d findley

Joanna Sturm

Post by d findley »

Bust of Joanna Sturm - Daughter of Alexander Sturm - by Grandfather Justin Sturm, 1948
Attachments
IMG_0435.JPG
IMG_0437.JPG
IMG_0438.JPG
IMG_0452.JPG
IMG_0451.JPG
67stingray

Re: Joanna Sturm

Post by 67stingray »

Another great piece of history, there's no doubt why your the Ruger Historian.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

Were both father and son professional artists, or just a side interest? Only thing I know about Alex Sterm is The Problem Fox book and a drawing that is the basis for our ROCS logo, and of course his partnership with WBR. Wondering if there would be any interest in Alex Sturm commerative? A MKIV would seem appropriate as a MK started it all, something after the WBR centennial a while ago?

Edit: a web search says birth June 23, 1923, so still plenty of time to make it happen. His name appears first in corporate name. Think time approaching to remember a man as much responsible for the Ruger we know today as WBR
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

RocDoc wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:54 pm Wondering if there would be any interest in Alex Sturm commerative? A MKIV would seem appropriate as a MK started it all, something after the WBR centennial a while ago?

Edit: a web search says birth June 23, 1923, so still plenty of time to make it happen. His name appears first in corporate name. Think time approaching to remember a man as much responsible for the Ruger we know today as WBR
As they seen fit to take the S off of the company logo, I doubt if Sturm will get a special gun. I have said since they did that that Bill is rolling over in his grave.
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
d findley

Post by d findley »

Justin Sturm was an interesting person. He was a sculptor, author, and Yale football star. He wrote & produced at least 2 Broadway plays. He married Katherine McCormick, daughter of Chicago newspaper millionaire.
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Don you come up with the greatest stuff. Alexander Sturm is a big reason that Ruger succeeded and Bill Ruger paid tribute to him upon his death with the red to black phoenix. Ruger is Ruger in name only anymore and I believe Bill Ruger would be upset at the hard "R" logo instead of the S/R as it was through his lifetime.
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

These are really interesting too and all of them that you've posted are quite desirable.
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber