Sturm Letters

All Memorabilia
d findley

Sturm Letters

Post by d findley »

Keep looking! Good stuff still being found. With a lot of help from my friends a package of Sturm correspondence came yesterday. Here are a couple of letters written to Alexander Sturm's neighbor.
Attachments
1x.jpg
1y.jpg
2.jpg
Watertender

Re: Sturm Letters

Post by Watertender »

Interesting! Alexander Sturm certainly had a graphic way with words. To think that 8 months from the day he writes about his wife killing a cockroach with Chanel #5 is the day he dies.... Wow!!
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

GREAT stuff, nothing less can be expected from our ROCS Historian!! :)
Bill
LIBERTY FOREVER

Post by LIBERTY FOREVER »

Don, its amazing your still pulling in these incredible historical items in with contacts near and far. I cant thank you enough for sharing them with us all. May I suggest you keep an electronic file (post release) with the additional items in the event you decide to release an addendum.
LIBERTY FOREVER
NRA Endowment
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Just amazing! Thanks for posting that.
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Don, you never cease to amaze me with these items. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
dkdeuel

Post by dkdeuel »

Very interesting and neat stuff! As a student of history, I find original sources very interesting and entertaining. Please keep posting as you discover more.
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Don,

After comparing these handwritings against the signed and personalized From Ambush to ZigZag I do believe that your assumptions about it being authentic are correct. His style and use of the pen are quite unique then and now. Letters like these would be instrumental to handwriting analysts when verifying the authenticity of other Alex Sturm documents that are surely out there.

Kind Regards
Attachments
IMG_0435.JPG
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
Brass Frame

Post by Brass Frame »

Don, as several ROCS members before me have stated, your library of original memorabilia is unique among Ruger collectors!!
Your contacts are far and wide and I truly applaud you for sharing the documents that you bring to all of us. They are all rich in information and a snapshot of the company during it's early years. Thanks Don for sharing. Brass Frame/Lee E
RocDoc

Post by RocDoc »

Seems like a lot of material for a new book Don!