22-250 special varminter non prefix serial number

No. 1 and No. 3
gewehrfreund

Re: 22-250 special varminter non prefix serial number

Post by gewehrfreund »

zebra55 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:13 pm if it is a medium weight barrel I assume it is a BBB configuration...26" barrel with a quarter rib and beaver tail forearm. This is the most common configuration, but the vertical split rings add some value, should fetch 1200 -1500
Just BB as you describe. A BBB would be medium weight barrel with semibeavertail fore-end AND target scope blocks instead of the quarter-rib.
Snapdraw

Post by Snapdraw »

Thanks for the info guys! Yes it's a medium weight, quarter rib, beavertail forend. Just how it was bought new. I put 1,250 on it at a gun show in Hamilton, Mt. This weekend and didn't even get a offer! If you guys know anybody interested, get back to me and I'll figure out how to send pics! Thanks again SNAPDRAW
gewehrfreund

Post by gewehrfreund »

The market for non-prefix Number Ones is not the hottest right now, so I'm not too surprised that you had no interest at the gun show. Also, the BB in 22-250 is the most common configuration/chambering of the non-prefix rifles, so that works against it too, unless it has killer wood, vertically split rings, etc.

Edit: I see you have the rifle for sale here in the classified section. With the extras and if as nice as you describe, your asking price would be a steal. It shouldn't last long here. Good luck.
chet15

Post by chet15 »

Yeah, if you guys are looking for great Number One rifles, I would definitely go after a non-prefix gun because of how they are priced these days, even semi-scarce variations. Compared to the price of today's NIB current Number One's, buying a non-prefix is a no-brainer. If the market completely drops for guns of all kinds, you still have your scarce/rare non-prefix.
Chet15
gewehrfreund

Post by gewehrfreund »

chet15 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:52 am Yeah, if you guys are looking for great Number One rifles, I would definitely go after a non-prefix gun because of how they are priced these days, even semi-scarce variations. Compared to the price of today's NIB current Number One's, buying a non-prefix is a no-brainer. If the market completely drops for guns of all kinds, you still have your scarce/rare non-prefix.
Chet15
Yes it's amazing (depressing?) what these are selling for these days compared with just a few years ago. And me at an age where I'm trying to sell down rather than build a collection.
About like my investing experience - buy high, sell low. :roll: