Hello from Tyler, Tx

Master Chief

Hello from Tyler, Tx

Post by Master Chief »

Hey all, joined at the Tulsa Gun Show in Nov of this year. Y’all had some awesome displays there !
I like the Tang safety 77’s, and the Blackhawks. My first Christmas present from my wife way back was a bull barrel blue model MK-II.
Currently looking for the first generation .44 carbine and a 77 tang .243 varmint.
My name is David and just wanted to give y’all a shout out.
Last edited by Master Chief on Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flattop44

Re: Hello from Tyler, Tx

Post by flattop44 »

Hey David, welcome to the website. Happy that you joined ROCS and looking forward to seeing a lot of posts from you. You need to set up a display with us in Tulsa in 2020.
Bill
Master Chief

Post by Master Chief »

Thanks Bill
I will be back to Tulsa in April but y’all are way out of me league with the collecting.
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Glad to have you join us David, there's a lot of great and knowledgeable people here. Looking forward to learning more about you and your guns.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Welcome from KY!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
flattop44

Post by flattop44 »

David, be sure to come by and see me while you are in Tulsa in April. I plan to be there and will have a few Rugers for sale down on the lower level at island 4L-A tables 5 & 9.
Bill
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Master Chief wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:25 pm Thanks Bill
I will be back to Tulsa in April but y’all are way out of me league with the collecting.
David,
Any Rugers you own can be displayed, even if just one. Each and every display has it's own unique (and probably very interesting) story behind it. One gun or one hundred can be a meaningful display. I was very hesitant on showing, at the time, my meager accumulation of the Ruger Six series Double Action revolvers. But another Ruger displayer and now a great friend said, "Ron, just do it!" I did, and as time went on my accumulation became a "collection", and I learned a lot about presentation from the other displayers. Dyed in the wool Ruger collectors will go out of their way to give you great tips. Remember, our displays are to show and teach the public all about Rugers of all types. And yes, to show off out collections :D , but most of all to show the Ruger lineup.

Oh, and welcome to the ROCS family, we're a fun bunch to be around.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
Master Chief

Post by Master Chief »

Thanks everyone
I will definitely stop by in April and see Bill and everyone else. Will only be my second trip to Tulsa so I’ll get a few more under my belt before I try and setup anything but I think I would have some ideas for setting up a collection
Thanks Again,
Dave
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Greetings Master Chief! Welcome to the ROCS and thank you for your service. We have fun here and Ruger is spoken fluently. What rating specialty Master Chief are you?
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
Master Chief

Post by Master Chief »

The name followed me over from GunBroker and I thought it might be good to use it to tie me to
Positive feedback with members here. How I got that name is another story and not worth sharing here. I was never in the United States Navy.
Apologies for the confusion.