Ruger & His Guns 50TH Anniversary Copy

All Memorabilia
T.A. Workman

Ruger & His Guns 50TH Anniversary Copy

Post by T.A. Workman »

After reading d. finley's post in the classifieds I thought that the date looked familiar so I got out both of my copies, a standard issue and the special 50th 1999 Edition. Sure enough the signature dating November 15, 1996 by the author R.L. Wilson is the same. My copy was made out to Alan Sullins who worked at Ruger and he apparently upgraded it in 1999 with the special 50th Anniversary Sticker and Parchment. One other difference is the employee signatures in the rear of the book. Not signed by WBR though, but the Parchment IS signed by WBR Jr.

Terry

Cover of the 50TH with the sticker added,

Close up of sticker applied, look close and you can see it.

Signature date and place,

50TH Anniversary letter,

Parchment with WBR Jrs. Signature along with his secretary and author J.L. Wilson's,

Employee signature's in rear of book,

NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
flattop44

Re: Ruger & His Guns 50TH Anniversary Copy

Post by flattop44 »

Wow, I love all the employee signatures, that is a great peice of Ruger history.
Bill
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Terry you have something special there. To have all those signatures really makes it unique
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
T.A. Workman

Post by T.A. Workman »

Thanks guys, those employee signatures were what convinced me to buy this copy several years ago.

It is apparent that Mr. Sullins had his co workers sign his copy which was signed by the author on November 15, 1996 much like a high school yearbook, :).I tracked him as far as face book and seeing as how I don't do face book that was the end of the trail for me. What caught my attention was d. findley's copy in the classified's which shows the same date. It is apparent by the date November 15, 1996 that the author R.L. Wilson was at the Prescott plant on that day to have WBR sign a few for him, and he (Wilson) also signed a few other's for employees.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone else who has a copy signed and dated by R.L. Wilson at any other of Rugers plants or any other venue for that matter.
NRA Benefactor
Life Mem MOPH
Life Mem USMC
Clyde "Jug" Johnson - Six-Gun Man
Rugerologist

Post by Rugerologist »

Man....that's a great piece to preserve. It's certainly one of a kind!
"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau
Aquatic Biologist
NRA Life Member
R.O.C.S. Editor
R.C.A. Member #5050
R.E.N.E Subscriber
67stingray

Post by 67stingray »

Terry, that's a really neat piece for history, I wonder how many pieces of Ruger documentation or books have that many employee autographs. Thanks for sharing.
Bennett
Any day without learning is a day of backing up.