I picked up another Ruger pistol

Includes .22 Standard, Mark I, Mark II, Mark III and all Centerfire Semi-Auto Pistols.
TINCANBANDIT

I picked up another Ruger pistol

Post by TINCANBANDIT »

I bought this 1953 vintage Ruger standard pistol for a very reasonable price, it just needed some cleaning

https://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/2020/ ... istol.html
flattop44

Re: I picked up another Ruger pistol

Post by flattop44 »

That is a nice pistol. They are really for to shoot.
Bill
Watertender

Post by Watertender »

Nice one! Tapered ear from the look of it. I was supposed to get a tapered ear Standard from a family friend but his son turned it into the police when he died...
Some people sit on $.05 of knowledge like it is the treasure of Egypt. I will teach anyone $.10 worth just to prove a point...
gunman42782

Post by gunman42782 »

Can't go wrong with the Standard Auto!
NRA Endowment Life Member
GOA Member
my3swedes

Post by my3swedes »

That’s a winner.
theo98

Post by theo98 »

TCB,

Congrats on your 53' find (my birth year)...great find and as per your wonderful blog documentation, cleaned up really nice! I had been eyeing a 53' on auction, but asking way too much and needs a head to toe restoration (bluing is terrible-50%). :oops:

Soooo, found and have a RST4 1950 Red Eagle coming tomorrow (SN 3560) that looks in Great condition. Bidding was at half of BIN price, so jumped on the BIN $ to secure this, my first, Ruger Standard collector! Doesn't look used, but I'll take it down anyway for very detailed cleaning. Needs a grip emblem, but already have that secured and coming! I'll have before and after pics for my references (no blog), but will post here the final outcome! :mrgreen:

Ted
"FREEDOM Is Not FREE"!