1959 Flattop 357 valuation help

Includes all Pre-1973 Old model Single-Sixes, Blackhawks,
Super Blackhawks, Bearcats, Super Bearcats, Hawkeye
and Black Powder Old Army.
RoninPA

1959 Flattop 357 valuation help

Post by RoninPA »

Gentlemen,
I need some help from the Ruger SA brain trust. A customer wants my help in selling a 1959 flat top .357. S/N is 19030. From one pretty bad picture he sent it does look like it has the "Micro" rear sight. He will be bringing it to me today so I can take better pictures and get any other info from it to assist in the sale. I have the BBGV for Rugers but that is only a starting place, I would like to know real world values.

Also, let me know what all to look for and what to note about it.
image3.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg

Thank you for all your help.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
Tenpoint

Re: 1959 Flattop 357 valuation help

Post by Tenpoint »

Looks like a shooter gun. In current condition, in this market (VA,WV,MD,PA), I’d say $500-$550.
Hawkeye28

Post by Hawkeye28 »

Seems a fair value observation. There are many choices for today's buyers and the modern Ruger Flattops are a referenced group. They are a very competitive offering. The market has narrowed for buyers to purchase this gun, unless they truly want a Ruger Old Model to shoot. JMO's
O M CRAZY

Post by O M CRAZY »

Ron, From your pics I see nothing special about this gun, it's a shooter or a project gun. In my part of the country you are looking at $500.00+/-. Old model Rugers don't seem to be selling well. The exception is for like new with boxes and papers. IMO

O M CRAZY
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

Vince, I explained that to my customer, pointed out all that was "wrong" with it and told him what a acceptable price range would be. He doesn't want to hear it, he wants $700 for it. He probably overpaid for it and won't listen to any advise. His mantra is "But it is a 1959 flat top Ruger". I'll have it for sale in the shop and "might" put it on the forum but you and I know it won't sell at that price. I told him he could list it on Armslist or one of the other gun auction sites if he wants to.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron
RoninPA

Post by RoninPA »

To All,
I am going to list it on Rugerforum.com with all the pictures I posted there when I got the gun and took a lot more pictures. I will put the sellers asking price and see what happens. I'll have it here in the shop also for people to see, with the sellers price on the tag.
Ron
USAF Ret (E-8, SMSgt)
NRA Patron